Why use Record Now 4.5 over Nero?

vbimport

I have used Nero 5.5.9.17 with no problems even though that the author of DVD2one says to use Record Now. Nero even creates the needed Audio_TS and Video_TS folders on the DVD. This makes it real easy to just drag the files to the video folder. As far as I can see that with Record Now you have to manually create the 2 folders even though only one is used. I can’t see how using Record Now is better. Am I missing something that would allow record now to be as easy to use as Nero?

More then likely RecordNow will produce a dvd that is far more compatible on more DVD players then Nero will.

Actually,according to my test with DVD2One,I created the VIDEO_TS directory,for where it’s encoded files go
after processing( I didn’t have to create an AUDIO_TS folder),and I used Record Now (included with my Sony 500A burner)
in the bottom choice (i think it’s ‘create disc of files on your computer’),and it made an excellent copy of the first 30 minutes of Swordfish(JohnTravolta/HalleBerry). DVD2One processed the files so acurately,that I was able to use a feature on my Samsung M301 player called ‘ScreenFit’
which is self-explanatory,just like my store bought copy. For the size of the .exe,this software is amazing!!!
:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

I have been using Nero 5.5.9.0 (a slightly old version now, but if it aint broke, why fix) for all my DVD backup burning but I select DVD-UDF/ISO mode. I have tested them on about 10 different DVD Players (my mates) and they all work on all of them. Have done some with RNM 4.5 with same result. Also those copied directy with DVDDecrypter in ISO mode also playback on all the DVD Players I’ve tested also.

For me I cant really find any difference between the 2 but I’m sure some versions of Nero could cause problems, as history has shown thats always the case with Nero.

Just my 2 cents worth.

I guess you are not using a sony dru500 then are you chicken man

cheers de John

Originally posted by flip69
I have used Nero 5.5.9.17 with no problems even though that the author of DVD2one says to use Record Now. Nero even creates the needed Audio_TS and Video_TS folders on the DVD. This makes it real easy to just drag the files to the video folder. As far as I can see that with Record Now you have to manually create the 2 folders even though only one is used. I can’t see how using Record Now is better. Am I missing something that would allow record now to be as easy to use as Nero?

Well from what I’ve seen, RecordNow seems to make more compatible burns with standalone dvd players. Nero is a fine tool, but seems to have issues with getting a burn to work with many tv dvd players.

Originally posted by KDiaz

Well from what I’ve seen, RecordNow seems to make more compatible burns with standalone dvd players. Nero is a fine tool, but seems to have issues with getting a burn to work with many tv dvd players.

It is only a problem is you choose DVD Video in Nero. If you choose UDF/ISO, you will not have compatibility problems.

Originally posted by teabelly
[B]I guess you are not using a sony dru500 then are you chicken man

cheers de John [/B]

A Sony, no way. I have a Pioneer A05 with latest firmware.

Originally posted by flip69

This is a simple answer…Nero does not make true 100% dvd compliant discs… I have had many errors thrown at me with RecordNowMax, so i have resorted to Nero which burns it no problem. I then try and play the dvd and it wont work. It happens because RecordNow will not make a dvd that is not 100%compliant. Turns out that i had forgot to do a “Get VTS” in Ifoedit. Once i did that and then retried the burn in RecordNow. it burned with no probs and the film played perfectly. Nero ignores any mastering errors. It only checks to see if the proper files are present and then burns irrespective of errors.

I couldn’t have said it better, you hit the nail on the head about Nero and apparently recordnow as well. I use Gear Pro 6, and when I first started using it I couldn’t get it too import the files, until I learned as well about getting the vts sectors.

MY poing being unlike Nero and RecordNow, gear didn’t allow importing until the files correctly Mastered.

I have have tried various burning software, RecordNow, Primo, Nero, DVD Maestro, all with mixed results. Gear Pro has been the most consistant product to date.

It burns a truley consistant compatible dvd time and tiem again.

Originally posted by ChickenMan
[B]

A Sony, no way. I have a Pioneer A05 with latest firmware. [/B]

Yes I have an a03 as well and was very pleased with it for the past year but must say I love my sony more

cheers de John

Originally posted by oORAIDROo

I have have tried various burning software, RecordNow, Primo, Nero, DVD Maestro, all with mixed results. Gear Pro has been the most consistant product to date.

I didn’t know that DVD Maestro burns?
Am I missing something?

Just wondering after using DVD2one to rip the movie to the HDD how do i use RecordNow Max to burn the files back to a blank DVD.

I heard using Nero isn’t that compatible with home standard DVD players, which is why i want to use RecordNow Max instead.

All help is appreciated.

P.S. What is the price like for a 2X or 4X blank DVDs.

Thanks

If i burn first with nero(The original) and after burn(The Copy) with Record Now Max the DVD run with the players that no read?

Use Nero >5.5.10, with UDF/ISO mode. Then go to the UDF tab and check the box for force DVD compatability. Since this option I have had 100% success with Nero and it reads great on every player.

RecordNow Max wont even burn a DVD for me…

Originally posted by Just Burn

Just wondering after using DVD2one to rip the movie to the HDD how do i use RecordNow Max to burn the files back to a blank DVD.

Go to the bottom choice in Record Now,after putting your blank DVD in your burner.(Make a Data Disc) Then go to the second choice in the panel that comes up
(Choose Files). Find the folder that you chose the files to go to from DVD2One
(i.e.: D:\DVD Compliant\VIDEO_TS,this is
my method),click on DVD Compliant,and then you’ll see VIDEO_TS,choose that folder,and when you do,it will append to
panel where it is chosen,and burn from there. Please try it,and write back,this works flawlessly.

I star to use RecordNowDX and all DVDs works fine.
I think this soft are much better so far than Nero to Burn DVD’s.

Hi,

i am watching the discussions about Nero not being “100% DVD compliant” for some time.I am using Nero 5.5.9.17 with a Sony DRU-500a and I have had no problems so far.I am very interested to hear from the programers of DVD2one,what problems they found with older versions of Nero.It does not matter if the answer is very technical,I would like to know as much details as I can,because I really want to understand.

bitbrain2101

Nero did not used to support DVD+R correctly (I presume latest versions do now), and since many people bought the hp200i (including myself), RecordNowMax was the first program to really burn 100% on my burner (aside from cosmetic problems - like the percent-bar not being accurate sometimes). It handles burning ISO, it can backup/duplicate DVD using its global image (ie. you can easily backup an unprotected DVD-5, or a data DVD).

Since I have been using RNW for 8 months or so now with 100% success on my dvd200i, why should I switch to Nero when what I got works? Nero is better for CDR I found, but I have a bad taste in my mouth using it for DVD - although it could work 100% now I am not going to waste my time trying.

Also, there is no need to use Get VTS Sectors when burning a DVD movie - whether you are using DVD2One, InstantCopy or authoring a movie yourself. If you have to do this, then there is a problem elsewhere. This is an old workaround that goes way back to when buggy Nero could not produce a compliant DVD movie and someone discovered that Get VTS Sectors makes it work in some cases! Most people should really not mess around with IFO Edit because it is simply not needed. It is a great program, but everyone seems to think they need to add IFO Edit and Get VTS Sectors into their workflow for everything they do concerning DVD authoring.

Coz with RecordNow my backups are more compatible.

For some reason Nero messes with the file order, even in UDF/ISO and DVD Video templates.
It has something to do with NeroAspi which re-allocates the files incorrectly.
Your copy works in a DVDROM, but not on a standalone player.
I have this with 5.5.9.17 -> 5.5.10.7b

I don’t have this problem with RecordNow Max.

MrSnake