Why my new Lite-On 832s is recognized by Kprobe 2.4.2 under SPTI driver only?

History:
Just picked up a new Lite-On 832s today. Launched Kprobe 2.4.2, the drive did not show up under ASPI (Kprobe 2.4.2 default), changed the driver to SPTI, the drive was there.

Question:
What is the difference(s) between SPTI and ASPI? Which one is better, like performance, feature, etc…?
If one is really better than the other, how to force to use that one by WinXP?

How is your drive connected to the computer. USB2.0 will only show up at SPTI.

Use Nero Infotool and look at the ASPI tab. It should show ASPI 4.60 working properly.

CodeKing, thanks for the quick reply.

It is in a firewire external enclosure.

Firewire is the same as USB2.0. It will only appear using SPTI. My USB2.0 drive works perfectly well using SPTI, so you have nothing to worry about. :slight_smile:

External drives are detected by Nero ASPI, but I beleive that Nero ASPI only uses SPTI itself to accomplish this… Please correct me if I’m wrong.

You could cope wnaspi32.dll from the nero directory into your system directory…

Cool, thanks all.

Learning something everyday from this forum.

Question:
What is the difference(s) between SPTI and ASPI? Which one is better, like performance, feature, etc…?
If one is really better than the other, how to force to use that one by WinXP

Q was How to use that one by WinXp!?
I cant change driver to ASPI and I have conflict with SCSI device in device manager! My nero infotool is crashing on initialisation, I have reinstalled it but witout success, infotool doesnt work!!! K-probe is also crashing!

What shall I do? How to force my system to use ASPI?Everything is Ok in win and win32 dir I have aspi.dll…

my 812S drive also appears only when SPTI is selected
and its connected internally to IDE cable

when i select ASPI i can only see the virtual drive made by alcohol 120%
but when i select SPTI it shows both the virtual drive and my 812S

btw is there any issues with scanning using SPTI driver?

Mine is in a firewire case and it shows up under ASPI only… I am running windows ME and KProbe 2.4.2.

Windows ME does not support SPTI. Only Windows 2000/XP/2003 do.

Funny when i try to select aspi in kprobe my computer crashes so you could think oh there is a problem but so far i can burn everything i want.
SPTI or ASPI what does my drive use ?

I use both ASPI and SPTI, on the same system, without any problems, so it doesn’t really matter which you use.

Check out post #2 above. What does your system report on the ASPI tab?

OK nero info tool says the following:

Use killaspi and go back to 4.60.

Its the same like with that aspi :wink: i tried that many times and then after several tries i was simply pissed lol.

Kprobe2 will crash your system if you have aspi chosen and installed on a nforce2 motherboard with nforce2 ide drivers,if this is the case then install the ms ide drivers.

Hmm i dunno if i should go for the ms drivers again im satisfied with the nforce2 drivers they work good its faster then with thet standart drivers and if thats the only bug then im ok with that. I use an Asus A7N8X Delx. rev.2 so now i know why kprobe crashes.

Nforce2 ide drivers can also cause really bad burns with liteon dvd burners

not the actual ones they work for me.

Nvidia nforce 5.10 version works fine with Liteons and kprobe2 now.