Why my camera videos on cd wont play on my dvd player

hello, have put my camera videos onto cd -rw and dvd-rw, they play on my pc but not my dvd players …used movie maker to do movie, after trial and error can play on pc as said ,used nero to do disc, but still wont play on my dvd players… hope someone can help as i am getting a little frustrated… thanks margie very new to all this but love it

Are the cammy video’s in AVI or wmv?..If one or the other you’ll need to convert them to DVD format…Try DVDFlick, ConvertxToDVD etc…

Windows Movie Maker outputs as either .wmv files or DV avi files. Neither play on most dvd players.

If you ran the results through Nero Vision to make them into dvd-video, then you would have something that would play on a stand alone player. You could also use the programs mentioned by t0nee1.

Windows DVD Maker can also produce a finished dvd for you from the files you get from Windows Movie Maker.

I may be confused, but if you’re using rewriteable discs, they won’t play in a dvd player, as far as I know. I agree with the last post. Nero should transcode it for you nicely.

I may be confused, but if you’re using rewriteable discs, they won’t play in a dvd player, as far as I know.

You are!..confused that is…

[QUOTE=t0nee1;2459138]Are the cammy video’s in AVI or wmv?..If one or the other you’ll need to convert them to DVD format…Try DVDFlick, ConvertxToDVD etc…[/QUOTE] they are AVI as far as i know… thanks for your help…