Why isn't Lite-On posting new firmware for LH-18A1P or LH-18A1H?

What’s the deal?! Why aren’t they posting new firmwares on ther webpage? Anyone know?

I need to replace my old Optorite 12x with a new drive, because it doesn’t support any new media and Optorite went out of business a couple months after I bought it so no new firmware at all. But I definatly don’t want to replace it with another drive that’s going to have no firmware updates…

Yo-

ODD manufacturers only put out new firmware to cure problems or the necessity to upgrade some feature - if there are none - then no new firmware until the need arises-eh!

The question is not why there is no new firmware. Because at least in the case of the 18A1P there is. The question is why is it not published!

If you want/require long-time firmware support, go and buy a Plextor.

exactly, new firmware versions exist but they aren’t available for download from lite-on’s webpage!

Lite-On LH-18A1P/H I Can Remember Them.
Haven’t They Already Been Replaced With The Lite-On LH-20A1P/H Series? Lol :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m a bit concerned. For some reason, my Nero 7.5.9 doesn’t have the booktype change showing up with my Lite-On LH-18A1P. It’s at firmware GL0C but the system isn’t recognizing as anything but a CD-ROM drive. Anyone else having this problem?

Open and close the tray and see what happens.

As for Booktyping, you can download the Lite-On’s Bitsetting utility (BookType 135) from this link.

http://us.liteonit.com/us/index.php?option=com_wrapper&Itemid=152