Why Is When I look around the other forums

Why is it when I look around at the blindwrite and alcohol forums, I see alot of people saying that Clone Cd can’t backup
Safedisc < 2.8.

I use clone cd on every safedisc game I have( Simcity 4, C&C Generals) and I never had any trouble backing them up. And the backup works fine in my laptop.

When I make the backup I read and write at max speed and not emulating weak sectors. I have a Lite-On 40X burner.

Is this just them or is it the same in here, I’m confused.

:confused: - JonnyPho - :confused:

Maybe it is becouse they dont have 2 Sheep Burner like we :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

All two sheep ASUS can defeat SD2.8x using “Ignore”
Some Lite-On & Plex can do SD2.8x using the “Ignore” feature - we don’t know why all can’t do it.

There are three choices for a working backup:

Ignore: preferred
Amplify Weak Sectors: most one-sheep burners
Emulate: some one and all no-sheep burners

yep,

My 32x LiteOn copies everything for me too.

what do you mean, when you say you have 2 sheep burner? please help me?

The number of sheeps refers to the CloneCD Supported CD-Writers List. There some drives have 0 sheep (), 1-sheep () or 2-sheeps (). This ‘information’ is needed to determine which setting you should use when dealing with the SafeDisc 2 protection (and only this protection). In general:

0-sheep: needs weak sectors set to emulated (or amplified)
1-sheep: needs weak sectors set to amplified (or emulated)
2-sheep: needs weak sectors set to ignore

You can set this setting when writing your image. Right-click on the Profile you’re want to use to write the image with. There you will see the setting that controls how the weak sectors are handled. More information on this can be found via this thread, CloneCD FAQ and CloneCD Manual. Hope this helps you?

Originally posted by FutureProof
[B]All two sheep ASUS can defeat SD2.8x using “Ignore”
Some Lite-On & Plex can do SD2.8x using the “Ignore” feature - we don’t know why all can’t do it.

There are three choices for a working backup:

Ignore: preferred
Amplify Weak Sectors: most one-sheep burners
Emulate: some one and all no-sheep burners [/B]

Are any of the LG burners cable of backing up SD 2.8x? (I have a GCE-8160B and a GCE-8520B)

Originally posted by 7_endless
[B]

Are any of the LG burners cable of backing up SD 2.8x? (I have a GCE-8160B and a GCE-8520B) [/B]
I can’t recall a report but I suspect the two sheep varieties can do so.