Why is the site so slow today?

From the chatbox to the forum, everything is turtle slow. Did CDFreaks management change the server connection to dial-up?:bigsmile::stuck_out_tongue:

Been like this for a couple weeks now. I never posted about it cause it has been tolerable. For a few hours it’s fine then it back to turtle as you say for a few hours…

Now that Bush is leaving office the world as we know it is ending, so who cares…boo-hoo boo- hooo wahhhhhhhh…LOL

It’s very busy at the moment - loads of people on the site. Also, we are transferring some databases which makes it even worse.

Keep on reporting about it! If it continues we should definately call Dell to see if there are willing to donate a server :wink:

[QUOTE=MP|3;2201863]It’s very busy at the moment - loads of people on the site. Also, we are transferring some databases which makes it even worse.

Keep on reporting about it! If it continues we should definately call Dell to see if there are willing to donate a server ;)[/QUOTE]This site busy? It’s almost dead anymore…

We had some server problems today, hopefully better again :wink:

yes it’s been off and on again today. Thank you for doing taking time to try to fix it MP|3 :slight_smile:

Yes, thank you very much for transferring the pron stash to the faster server. :bigsmile:

Seriously, thanks for the explaination. Figured there was a reasonable one.:slight_smile:

[QUOTE=MP|3;2202250]We had some server problems today, hopefully better again ;)[/QUOTE]I see your online right now and the site is slow at this time.

Sorry I am consuming all resources :wink:

[QUOTE=MP|3;2202868]Sorry I am consuming all resources ;)[/QUOTE]Must be with your invisible hand then :wink:

[QUOTE=MP|3;2202868]Sorry I am consuming all resources ;)[/QUOTE]

ROTFL :bigsmile:

Bwahahaha, so that’s what it was. “Moving Databases” eh? :bigsmile:

FWIW, I’ve found the forum slow for a good couple of days. Seems a bit better today though :slight_smile:

We are testing a script as well, which imports around 70.000 new products in our hardware database on www.cdfreaks.com/hardware. Sometimes it slows the server down as well, sorry :smiley:

[QUOTE=MP|3;2203477]We are testing a script as well, which imports around 70.000 new products in our hardware database on www.cdfreaks.com/hardware. Sometimes it slows the server down as well, sorry :D[/QUOTE]bah the site is so slow it’s giving me double posts now.

[QUOTE=MP|3;2203477]We are testing a script as well, which imports around 70.000 new products in our hardware database on www.cdfreaks.com/hardware. Sometimes it slows the server down as well, sorry :D[/QUOTE]For 2 weeks+? Practice makes perfect i guess :wink: yes it’s slow again at this time.

[QUOTE=MP|3;2203477]We are testing a script as well, which imports around 70.000 new products in our hardware database on www.cdfreaks.com/hardware. Sometimes it slows the server down as well, sorry :D[/QUOTE]

Perhaps a dedicated server for the hardware section/database, separate from the forum? Bat your eyelids a bit at Dell. :bigsmile:

[QUOTE=Arachne;2203647]Perhaps a dedicated server for the hardware section/database, separate from the forum? Bat your eyelids a bit at Dell. :bigsmile:[/QUOTE]

Indeed! Somebody has a spare dell server :wink: :cool: I will meet the server guys in the first week of February, so let’s see what kind of solution they come up with!

Just keep on reporting slow stuff, since it’s hard for us to check the speed in every single country and timezone! :iagree:

I couldn’t connect this morning for a while plus it is still worse than dial-up. It is on and off for this to occur but more on than off.

[QUOTE=MP|3;2204390]Indeed! Somebody has a spare dell server :wink: :cool: I will meet the server guys in the first week of February, so let’s see what kind of solution they come up with!

Just keep on reporting slow stuff, since it’s hard for us to check the speed in every single country and timezone! :iagree:[/QUOTE]I would think Livia could do a better job at getting something done. She is a lot prettier than you are MP|3 :iagree:

yes just now signing in it took about 1 minute wait to get redirected.

yip, it’s just about as slow as a week in jail here :frowning: