Why is that?

vbimport

if i get this message:

it may appear because i use SAW-RAW instead of DAW-RAW?
or something else?

i tried to put the message.
it says:
" ***** caused an invalid page fault in
module *.TMP at :
registers:

…"

something like that

when do you get this error…and what are you trying to do.

try to reinstall clonecd…perhaps it will help…strange error…we need more information from you

The only time I’ve seen that is when I’ve tried to play a SD2.51 backup that was burned in a non-SD2 killer burner.

Oh how green I was back then, those years BCDF.

That’s before CD Freaks! :Z

damiandimitri u right i forgot to detail…
i have a non-compatible writer with the RAW-DAW so i use RAW-SAO instead - to copy games and yes, clony showed that the game is SD2 protected and i dont know if clony works well with CCD4 so i just chose the “game” profile at the CCD4

the latest clony xxl can be used with clonecd…

but i think your writer can not burn it…because you can not write in DOA…but i am not sure of that

sucsessful backups of sd2.51.xx can be made in SAO as well as DAO.

you can?? interesting…which is better and why?

the difference is quite intreguing. Here is a thread on the topic.

I think you still need a burner that can write emf bit patterens perfectly, though. :slight_smile:

i have a lite-on 32x…must do the work

will read the link you gave…thanx

i read the links and for the most people raw sao did not work

you need dao…

what the meaning of SD2.xxxx SD2=SafeDisc 2 right? but what? is there several types of SD2? and can u pls tell the source of your knowledge?.. :wink:

SO
why shouldn’t I just get the Lite-on famous writer, mark the all settings at the CCD4 (and forget about the clonyXXL), and simply use DAW-RAW (RAW-DAW is recommended in all protections than RAW-SAW right?) during all the clone process !

If you buy a LiteOn you must disable AWS (LiteOn works better without)

And its DAO-RAW and SAO-RAW, not DAW or SAW. :slight_smile:

Originally posted by damiandimitri
[B]-----------------------------------------------------
i read the links and for the most people raw sao did not work

you need dao… [/B]
Give it a try. It works for me (24102b or 40125S)just like Starman said :confused:

what the meaning of SD2.xxxx SD2=SafeDisc 2 right? but what? is there several types of SD2? and can u pls tell the source of your knowledge?.. :wink:
There are many SafeDisc 2 revisions, most having different/new features in terms of copy protection. SD 2.51.xx was until recently , the newest, but now there’sa 2.60 version. 2.51.xx copy protected games include MOHAA and c+c renegade

what is acualy done when amplifying w.s.?
i MOST disallowed that right?

marking all the settings in clone is a waste of read time, sometimes. also, you cant read everything at the same speed, and get good results. amplifying weak sectors takes sections that would be null code, and makes them into something that registers as being ok when safedisc does its protection scan or whatever.

When the weak sectors are amplified, they are made easier to write, by modifying the data (this is why AWS isn’t avaliable to the USA and Japan). This modification is not detected, because the error correction on the disc ‘makes up’ for this (this is at least how I interpreted spath’s info, at least). Since the sectors aren’t read in RAW mode, it fools the SD2 guard module.

so no matter what, i should disable AWS right?
if yes so why this method?

cause your writer is capable of writing the image without it?

i didnt get it
what is exactly done when amplifying weak sectors and when it is useful?