Why is Narnia Prince Caspian taking 9 hours to copy?

vbimport

I have been using DvdFab for years and I always upgrade to the latest version. It has ALWAYS only taken a couple hours at the MOST to copy and burn dvds…WHY is it taking 9 hours to copy the new Narnia movie???
Is it going to take this long to copy every dvd from now on? PLEASE HELP!!!

[quote=panicjill;2168700]I have been using DvdFab for years and I always upgrade to the latest version. It has ALWAYS only taken a couple hours at the MOST to copy and burn dvds…[B]WHY is it taking 9 hours to copy the new Narnia movie???[/B]
Is it going to take this long to copy every dvd from now on? [B]PLEASE HELP!!![/B][/quote]

WOW, It has never taken me a few hours to burn a DVD ever. No disrespect but a few hours to copy a DVD you got a problem!. I ripped and cloned that movie in 16 mins or so in total time to a DL disc. Hours and there something wrong. I did’nt use DVDFab to do it either.

Sounds like PIO mode to me. CLICK HERE

Read my post FAB 5.2.0.0 Fails in Verify mode. You should chech to see what your software is doing. It could be freasing in the finalize mode. have occasinally had this problem in the past. Some times you can just CNTRL alt Delete and use the task manager to shut down your software other times it needs to be power disconected . That is if the drive is froze and woun,t open. chances are the the disk will play. Not sure if it is caused by new movie disk technology or a glick in the new software. Chances are there will be a new version out soon and the movie you buy next week will rip & Burn flawlessly. A minor inconvineiance for useing the best and most up to date software available. Glenn

Yep sure sounds like you are and have been in the PIO mode for sometime now, in the FAB setting there is a button to reset dma, click that as it should only take from 10 to 15 min total time to burn this movie

I also have a problem with hour long burn times, but I have ATA harddrives, what could be causing this for me, I went to your link but my menus look nothing like that I am using Vista Home Premium 64 bit.

It woun’t be the hard drives. From time to time there a glitches that cause some of us problems.
If you are using the latest beta I might suggest an easy fix is to uninstal restart and do a fresh install. If that don’t fix it uninstal restart and install the previos version that worked well for you. Watch for the next updated beta version and start all over. It may be a little frustrating at times but this is some of the best software out there. Remember that with every new movie that is released there are released with a little more complex copy protection. It is because of our excellent software developer that we are still winning the GAME. Glenn

[QUOTE=PrinceBytore;2168720]Sounds like PIO mode to me. CLICK HERE[/QUOTE]
[B]Problems resetting PIO mode to DMA [/B]… I followed your directions in the link you provided. For some reason I have two different Primary IDE channels [B]and[/B] a Secondary IDE channel. The first Primary IDE channel is currently in Ultra DMA mode 5 (no problem there). The second Primary IDE channel contains driver 0 and driver 1. Driver 0 said DMA if available and PIO under the current transfer mode. I unistalled and rebooted. Upon reboot I saw that the driver I had unistalled was my Dvd-ROM drive. I followed your directions but the driver [B]STILL SAYS CURRENT TRANSFER MODE: PIO AFTER I UNISTALLED AND REBOOTED???[/B]
Please help!

[QUOTE=Jimbo;2168917]Yep sure sounds like you are and have been in the PIO mode for sometime now, in the FAB setting there is a button to reset dma, click that as it should only take from 10 to 15 min total time to burn this movie[/QUOTE]
exactly [B]WHERE[/B] in the Fab setting is there a button to reset to DMA? Thank you for your help!

click the white checkmark in the green circle at the upper right, then click on general, its the last option on the bottom

THANKS!!! I clicked on that button, rebooted, and now my IDE channel says current transfer mode Ultra DMA mode 2. I tried to copy another dvd, and I got a total process time of 22 minutes. I did not try Narnia Prince Caspian again yet, but am confident that the problem is fixed for now.
[B]THANK YOU VERY MUCH TO EVERYONE WHO OFFERED THEIR HELP!!![/B]

you could read this [B]USER GUIDE[/B]

[quote=panicjill;2169533]THANKS!!! I clicked on that button, rebooted, and now my IDE channel says current transfer mode Ultra DMA mode 2. I tried to copy another dvd, and I got a total process time of 22 minutes. I did not try Narnia Prince Caspian again yet, but am confident that the problem is fixed for now.
[B]THANK YOU VERY MUCH TO EVERYONE WHO OFFERED THEIR HELP!!![/B][/quote]
Narnia will take about 20 to 25 minutes to copy

Panicjill YW and glad that you are up and running and welcome to the forum and just pop in anytime even if you don’t have any problems and say howdy

thanks again everyone!!!