Why is my Android phone running slow?

vbimport

Why is my Android phone running slow?

I have Samsung device running with 4.2.2 Android Version but its working very slow. Please help how to increase speed?

Thank You

[QUOTE=Terrell;2740334]Why is my Android phone running slow?

I have Samsung device running with 4.2.2 Android Version but its working very slow. Please help how to increase speed?

Thank You[/QUOTE]

Well, there are some applications like du-booster etc… try installing it over your device it can help you in clearing the temporary files stored and that can help you in speeding up your device to some extent.

Check the running applications. Kill all that is not necessary for daily use.
Check free space. Delete not so important pics, videos etc.
Reboot.

Well, @Ulenspiegel don’t you think the methods you have suggested are extreme in order to make the Android device running fast ??

@John Farrell:

Extreme? Bungee Jumping is extreme.

I would really appreciate if you could be a lil bit more specific what would you suggest to get the device running faster.

Killing running unnecessary apps is a must. All Android owners know it.
Space is needed as with less space Android tends to get slow or even freeze.

Will we ever see a useful input from your part or only general post number hunting statements?

[QUOTE=Ulenspiegel;2740581]@John Farrell:

Extreme? Bungee Jumping is extreme.

I would really appreciate if you could be a lil bit more specific what would you suggest to get the device running faster.

Killing running unnecessary apps is a must. All Android owners know it.
Space is needed as with less space Android tends to get slow or even freeze.

Will we ever see a useful input from your part or only general post number hunting statements?[/QUOTE]

I guess I have already suggested over the top that user can install “Du-Booster” app available over the store to clean up space, in addition to that you can also :Zclear the dumpstate file by tapping *#9900# over your device and select “Delete dumpstate/logcat”, that should free up space for you and the @OP. :eek:

I guess you wanted to refer to an app called Du Speed Booster.
Nice app, but has a problem that Permissions include the camera. What for in case of cashe cleaner? If you happen to disable the camera the app stops working. Nice one.

[QUOTE=alex thyl;2740668]I guess you wanted to refer to an app called Du Speed Booster.
Nice app, but has a problem that Permissions include the camera. What for in case of cashe cleaner? If you happen to disable the camera the app stops working. Nice one.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for clearing things up @alex thyl, I was talking about the app Du-Booster, it works good for me anyway what @OP can do is install it optimise the:iagree: device and once done remove the app. :a !

Clean master and greenify is perfect combo. Also after u restart your phone. Leave it a while to processor doing its job. Heat also make your phone lag and slow. Its also bad for your battery. So keep your phone stay cool

Root device and remove all preinstalled Samsung software by “root uninstaller”.

Android often shows clever transition effects when you’re navigating around the phone, sort of redrawing the screen.
However, these effects can eat up phone resource too.

Disabling lock screen animation can also speed your phone up.

It’s very likely that your phone came with a load of preloaded apps that you never asked for and probably never use, typically known as bloatware.
If you’re not using them why not disable them, after all they can run in the background, even if you’ve never opened them, which of course means they are using up device resources.

I suggest backing up critical data and doing a factory reset of the OS. Then install only the apps you need and keep as many from running in the background as possible.

clean master lite worked good to get my old phone actually responding again, its a small download and cleans out a lot of crap without trying to take over your phone ( not too much anyway!) can always uninstall it afterwards anyway :slight_smile: the other poster’s tips are a step in the right direction too!

Thanks, friend about this topic it is really great and helpful topic. :relaxed: