Why full speed reading give c2 errors?

vbimport

i am using Prodisc Media , sold as samsung 52x , burned them @32x , while checking for errors i got no c2 and 99% disc quailty while scanning at 32x but when choose maximum speed (52x) c2 error appears at the end of the disk always…

so whats thats mean??

It means your discs are of a marginal quality, assuming your scanning drive is functioning well. The general rule of thumb for CDR scanning is to do it at full speed, as this is the most difficult test to pass.

Prodisc CDR’s are not very good, suggest you try 24x burn speed.

Fujifilm brand Prodisc CD-R works fine here. :slight_smile:
Also: if you are scanning on a DVD burner, depending on the model, they can sometimes always report C2 errors where a CD-R writer would not…

i am sacanning with brand new CD-RW Lite-On SOHR 5238S …
i will try burning with 24x at see the results…

but why the C2 errors is always at the last of the CD??!!

That is where the laser has the most trouble writing as the speed is the highest.

I used to write many Prodiscs (sold as eProformance here), and I must admit - they are absolute and pure crap. Don’t touch these and switch to MCC or TY blancs, they should work well virtually on all the drives.

the problem thats the media avialable in my region here , is either Prodisc as samsung or CMC as TDK , so which to choose ??!!

inspite sometime samsung ones are Ritek media…but i cant differ when its Ritek and when it Prodisc…

Any of these disc brands can work fine for you. The key is to burn them at the appropriate speed for your own drive. This is why we have error scanning. Scan at full speed, and burn at whatever speed gives you the lowest error rate. Keep in mind that no C2 errors are acceptable, and that with C1 rates as long as the max is within reason, small diferences are not significant.

but this way man , i will have to burn lower than 32x , and thats will be low for my 52x writer and so-called 52x media CD-R…

i think in my next bundle i will change Prodisc…

and one question man , whats the max acceptable region for C1 errors?

and one question man , whats the max acceptable region for C1 errors?

There is no “max” value. I’ve seen C1 well over 1000 with no reading problems on the disc and no C2. Most people like to see C1 well under 100 with averages under 10. Higher C1 generally mean that the disc might not live too long, but there are always exceptions.

When I burn “good” Ritek CDs on my Plextor PX Premium I see C1 errors around 10 with a total around 2000-3000. CMC goes up to 15 or so with an increase in errors to 5000. When I burn with an average DVD burner I see error totals closer to 15000 with CMC and errors around 30. Hope this gives you a basis to work from.

when i burn those Prodiscs @32x and Scan them @32x , i got C1 error of 19 and max of 2000 …
so thats good , right??

I know this thread is already a little aged, but nevertheless I think there hasn’t been major changes to its core statements:

The general rule of thumb for CDR scanning is to do it at full speed, as this is the most difficult test to pass.

That is where the laser has the most trouble writing as the speed is the highest.

Well, on the very same CD I experienced a better C1/C2-Scan @48x than @32x. [Have a look at the attachments: 3897 C1s & zero C2s @48 - 4298 C1s & 1 C2 @32x!]
Scanning drive is LiteOn SOHR-5238S (4S09), a known (fairly) good (enough) scanner for CDs.

I’m a little confused, as this is no single case. I experienced this with some other CDs too that sometimes lower ScanSpeed showed up a worse scan than scanning with max Speed.

Has anybody the same experiences or explanations for this phenomenon?
Which scan can I trust more then?

Thanks for any insights…

Use your BenQ 1650 and scan at 16x and post the results.

Hi Bob,

here are the Results from my Benq DW1650.
First Scan is done @16x CLV, and a second scan (as I was curious) was done @48x.

Also strange with this drive: Total C1 [B]and[/B] max Jitter is [I]higher[/I] when scanning @16x than the Scan @48x.

Any thoughts?

[QUOTE=Megodin;2031129]Hi Bob,

here are the Results from my Benq DW1650.
First Scan is done @16x CLV, and a second scan (as I was curious) was done @48x.

Also strange with this drive: Total C1 [B]and[/B] max Jitter is [I]higher[/I] when scanning @16x than the Scan @48x.

Any thoughts?[/QUOTE]I would trust the BenQ scans. Do you have Plextools to use with your Plex CD-R burner or will it work with Plextools?

Also strange with this drive: Total C1 and max Jitter is higher when scanning @16x than the Scan @48x.

Bob, I think you misunderstood this.
I did [B]both[/B] scans in Post #15 with the BenQ DW1650…
That’s the strange thing…

Well before I already scanned this CD with Plextools Pro on my PX-760A. See attachs.

The main question to me is at which speed I could reliably scan my CDs?
At this point I thought to be sure it’s best to scan CDs in more than one drive (like here: http://www.cdfreaks.com/reviews/EMTEC-CD-R-Gold-Review )

I would use:
LiteOn SOHR-5238S: Scan-Speed 48x CAV
BenQ DW1650: Scan-Speed 48x CAV + Advanced Disc Quality + Statistics Window
Plextor PX-760A: Scan-Speed 24x (10-24 CAV) in Plextools

Can this be the most reliable combination (regarding the drives I currently have) - especially regarding the Scan-Speed?

Thanks again,
Megodin

ok i understand but i would adhere to CDF’s scan speeds with certain drives. Forget about the title to this thread…