Why dont companies have a good manual?

I have looked around for good manuals for the burning software out there. I find it hard to believe that no one will provide a well written manual explaining every feature UNLESS you buy it directly from the store.

For example roxio says “look at the help files”. When a company bundles software with a DVD / CDROM don’t they have some responsibility to ensure their software is explained? Help files are good, but they are not something you can just flip through…

It just seems a lot of questions would be averted (like my dumb ones) if they would link a .pdf file to their manual?

Is there something I am missing here? Or am I just not up with the times…

By the way…If someone does have links to .PDF files for nero/roxio that are well written please post.

Originally posted by Tempus

By the way…If someone does have links to .PDF files for nero/roxio that are well written please post.

NeroBurningRom_eng.pdf

How to burn a CD using Roxio Easy CD Creator 5.pdf

Easy CD & DVD Creator 6 Manual

I looked for those links…I guess I just suck at finding this stuff. Thanks for the help.

u can usually find this kind of stuff in the company’s support section of their website.

Because to print a manual on paper repeatedly lots of time costs time and money, something a lot of companies dont have. Good case in point is Liteon(they burn just about everything), but when you open up the box, the manual is somewhat scarce and you get a diagram on the installation instructions. Which if you printed up a manual for every drive out on the market, the price would eventually have to reflect this in the end. Which mean the liteon would NOT be as cheap as they are…