Why doesn't NERO 8 allow you to create a DVD

I was only allowed to create 1 DVD with nero 7 and then it wouldn’t ever let me make another one even though NERO 7 I had was registered I got nothing but error messages saying in order to use a feature (That I just used) it toold me I had to register it in order to access all the features.

WTF

So I grabbed a copy of Nero 8 Ultra Edition and installed it and it’s registred

Now there is no options to add DVD files or create a DVD from scratch?

I have an AVI dvd rip of a movie and i want to put it on a DVD using nero and I can’t.

First Nero 7 allowed me to make a DVD but only once and then I couldn’t ever make another
then
I have NEro 8 with no way to create a DVD from scratch out of it.

Why does NERO constantly do this. This is retarded and annoying?

I guess I’m going to have to find some other DVD creating program because NERO has become useless

You need to convert the AVI to .VOB format first. Use NeroVision to encode the movie to DVD format.

Why do I need to convert the file? I didn’t need to do that with NERO 7

All I did with Nero 7 is used the add video files, then I did a detect chapters automaticly, I then named them and then created an image out of that.

I did no converting what so ever, Nero did it all for me all in one step. now you are telling me I have to do 3 steps with NEro 8 instead of the one step with NERO 7?

1. Convet the file
  2. record the image
  3. Burn the image

So that leaves me with 2 questions:

1. I thought this program was supposed to make things easier not harder?

2. Why has this automatic formating feature that was in Nero 7 removed from nero 8?

[quote=tx3000;2038940]Why do I need to convert the file? I didn’t need to do that with NERO 7

All I did with Nero 7 is used the add video files, then I did a detect chapters automaticly, I then named them and then created an image out of that.

[/quote]

This is done in NeroVision. The conversion mentioned by hardgiant occurs in that 1-2 hour period between when you press “Burn” and your DVD burner actually begins spinning/burning. There shouldn’t be any extra steps, as you put it.

It sounds like Nero is no longer detecting the DVD burner. While I can’t help much there, I can get NeroVision to at least write a DVD image or VIDEO_TS folder to you hard drive:

-Start NeroVision
-Click “Configure” (if you don’t see it, press the “More” button)
-Go to the “General” tab
-Check the box that says “Enable all supported recorder formats for the image recorder”
-Save changes

This should restore your option to make a DVD on the initial NeroVision screen, but because of the DVD burner issue, you may only be able to write an image to you hard drive instead of burning it directly to a DVD. I’d suggest burning it w/ the image recorder to get a single DVD image file (I avoid working w/ VIDEO_TS folders whenever possible). Then try opening that image w/ Nero Burning ROM.

It’s 2-step, not perfect, but it’s a workaround until you can get NeroVision to detect the DVD burner again.

To the above replier:

Exactly just how retarded are you?

1. When did I ever say NERO vision ever stopped reading my DVD burner because that isn’t even mentioned anywhere in my topic so where you pulled that information from is beyond me!!

2. There is no such thing as NERO Vision in NERO 8 ULTRA EDITION it’s not built in it’s not in a sub menu it’s simply non-existant PERIOD…

3. How and why did you turn a question that I had about NERO 8 not being able to create a DVD, into my DVD burner isn’t configured with NERO so it can’t read it?

Where did you even get that information from?

learn some comprehension before saying thins that are not ture and that it doesn’t even say.

Also what part of NERO 8 Doesn’t have the create DVD option are you having trouble grasping

My topic isn’t about what the problem may be,

My topic is saying why has a feature that was in NERO 7 been removed in NERO 8 Ultra edition?

I beg to differ, nero vision is inculded in the 8 series ultra versions.
Instead of name calling you should do a little more research.
Nero 8 ultra makes DVDs just fine. Look here and read carefully, it is listed near the bottom, Nero Vision 5. Now say your sorry.

[QUOTE=~Jethro~;2041464]I beg to differ, nero vision is inculded in the 8 series ultra versions.
Instead of name calling you should do a little more research.
Nero 8 ultra makes DVDs just fine. Look here and read carefully, it is listed near the bottom, Nero Vision 5. [B]Now say your sorry[/B].
http://www.nero.com/enu/nero8-applications-included.html[/QUOTE]he he

Hi :slight_smile:

“2) There is no such thing as NERO Vision in NERO 8 ULTRA EDITION it’s not built in it’s not in a sub menu it’s simply non-existant PERIOD…”

Is this just a dream?

Sorry tx3000, I don’t know what I was thinking trying to help. You’ve obviously mastered all there is to know about this software. So thank you for putting up with our annoying and retarded attempts at helping you.

Speaking of retarded and annoying, I am reminded of that old retarded and annoying saying about retarded and annoying situations like this:

PEBKAC.

Retarded and annoying.

Out.

<!-- google_ad_section_start(weight=ignore) -->To anyone who posted a reply, We can go back and forth with this constantly So far all that’s been posted is lip service and no actual help.

All People have said so far is that, it does, it does, it does,

ok the if it exists then why can’t anyone point out Exactly where it is and how exactly to pull up these phantom menus people keep saying exist but yet i can’t find anywhere?

I can say i went to a coffee shop somewhere in the usa and then take a picture of a napkin on any coffee shop table, then say i was at a coffee shop I was never even in

And To zebadee,
Yeah that stuff is a dream because those menus may exist, but not in NEREO 8 Utra edition they don’t

So the overview here is this:
I have no idea where any of you obtained any of those menus from but it sure as hell is not in NERO 8 Ultra edition.

On top of that not one person explained how exactly you get to those menus.
you can’t go saying something exists then post screen shots of some random menu you pulled out of another program then say you got them from different one and you can’t prove you did.

how about saying when you boot up the program you click this, this and this

but not one person has done that and keeps saying this stuff exists with no proof or explination where they are going in the program to get to them

So how about an explicit guide with pictures showing step by step exactly what you are doing instead of showing pictures and saying they exist.<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

I even told NERO whom has been e-mailing me with tech support that the DVD creation aspect doesn’t exist because it doesn’t and I have yet to find any menu mentioned or have anyone show me exactly how they are getting to these so called options.

Talk is cheap…how about some actual detatiled path instructions?

Also one last thing I have clicked every single thing there is to click in NERO 8 ULTRA EDITION and why is it I cannot find any of the menus anyone is saying exists.

I think I would have found them after having clicked every single thing there is to click.

So can someone tell me why I have not been able to find any of the menus anyone here says exists?

[QUOTE=tx3000;2042016]Talk is cheap…how about some actual detatiled path instructions?[/QUOTE]Member zebadee in post #8 made it about as simple as it can get.

How
All zebadee did was post pictures of tings he could have pulled from anywhere

How does what he posted pictures of, that any of that was taken from NERO ULTRA EDITION 8?
it doesn’t and it can’t.

Someone needs to post a very explicitly detailed pictures of each thing from start to finish about what exactly is being clicked

it’s that simple

with no instructions then people are just talking out their ass

because maybe those menus do exist in NERO 8 but they DO NOT EXIST IN ULTRA EDITION VERSIONS they simply don’t

I have clicked EVRYTHING and there are none of the same menus

and you can say they are there all you want but you and I both know they don’t because he is using a specialized version of NERO instead of the one I am using–otherwise why don’t I have the same menus and why is there no DVD creation option

As I said it’s all been nothing but lip service and without pictured instructions showing what is being clicked it’s nothing but crap.

Which brings me to another question

why are people having such a problem PROVING what they are saying
It’s basically gotten to the point where i’m going to re-install the version of NERO 8 Ultra Edition and post screen shots showing you idiots once and for all you don’t know what you are talking about—then you can try to argue with the pictures

Hows that sound?

Here is a list of applications included in Nero 8 Ultra Edition:

You’ll notice that Nero Vision 5 is on the list, next to last.

I don’t know tx3000 it’s pretty secretive and if we show you in detail we might have to come and find you.

THAT’S A BUNCH OF HORSE SHIT HOW IT SAYS ALL VERSIONS OF NERO ULTRA EDITIONS HAVE THOSE OPTIONS AND ALL THAT STUFF because I have NERO 8 UTRA EDITION 8.2.8.0

I did some digging and found out that this particular version of NERO 8 ULTRA EDTIONS I have, is not only missing a mess of plug in components, that give you all those options, but also doesn’t have any of the DVD or other creation aspects included in it.

So that statement about all ULTRA VERSIONS having all those options, is an outright blatent lie because the version I have doesn’t even have 1/8th of those options.

Everything on that list applies to Certain versions of NERO just not the version I have and they should say that instead of screwing with people

So that explains the problem looks like I got screwed out of money so now I have to waste more money trying to get a working program

Maybe I should go pirate a copy to make up for my lose and nero can go fuck themselves for pulling stunts like this.

For the record i am not the only one who has run into this issue with this version of NERO 8 Ultra Edition. So i know it’s not me.

[quote=tx3000;2042025]How
All zebadee did was post pictures of tings he could have pulled from anywhere

How does what he posted pictures of, that any of that was taken from NERO ULTRA EDITION 8?
it doesn’t and it can’t.

Someone needs to post a very explicitly detailed pictures of each thing from start to finish about what exactly is being clicked

it’s that simple

with no instructions then people are just talking out their ass

because maybe those menus do exist in NERO 8 but they DO NOT EXIST IN ULTRA EDITION VERSIONS they simply don’t

I have clicked EVRYTHING and there are none of the same menus

and you can say they are there all you want but you and I both know they don’t because he is using a specialized version of NERO instead of the one I am using–otherwise why don’t I have the same menus and why is there no DVD creation option

As I said it’s all been nothing but lip service and without pictured instructions showing what is being clicked it’s nothing but crap.

Which brings me to another question

why are people having such a problem PROVING what they are saying
It’s basically gotten to the point where i’m going to re-install the version of NERO 8 Ultra Edition and post screen shots showing you idiots once and for all you don’t know what you are talking about—then you can try to argue with the pictures

Hows that sound?[/quote]
do you have a cracked version? If you do not then I suggest that you reinstall your nero 8 ultra edition as zebadee is showing you nero 8 ultra edition pics and files. You must haved a corrupted install as you do not have what you should. Where did you get it from a retail store or download from nero website?

[quote=tx3000;2042032][B]THAT’S A BUNCH OF HORSE SHIT[/B] quote]
No offense to you tx3000 but you need to read the forum rules again as that kind of language is not permitted here

Nero Website download, or retail why does it matter? The bottom line here is that the version i have sucks plain and simple and the screen shots what’s his face showed are not in the gay ass version i have.

Do I have a cracked version? That is none of your business. Besides a cracked version of something only allows the by-pass of registration and nothing more. it does nto affect the installation at all.

The issue here is that nero shouldn’t be releasing half assed versions and then saying false comments.

And to the person who told me my laguage is not permitted here.

You say that but yet you allow false advertising to be OK

Yeah ok, whatever…pal!

retail or download. If you have the retail then you uninstall it from your computer and then download from their website. That why I asked that lame question Ok. After you download from website and install you use your registration key that came with the retail version. I had problem with my retail version and downloaded frfom website used my reg key from the box and it works and I have what zebadee showed in the posted pics. Everyone here are cdfreaks members just like you and we do not get paid to help you. We help on our own time and are unable to be in the room with you looking at your computer. So all you can do is try what we suggest and hope that something we say will fix your problem. [B]OK[/B]

Whaa Whaa Whaa… We don’t get api to help people Whaa Whaa Whaa

STFU and grow up.

If you don’t like what i am saying the too bad no one is forcing you to be here and i asked for help not listen to people bitch, moan and continually say they are right they are right and this stuff works or whatever.

What all of you have failed to see (And I mean failed very badly) is that not one person took the time to actually help me by giving me the infor I really needed. instead everyone just said things that have nothing to do with the problem I am having.

and it amazes me how not one person actaully did anything to help, while posting generic information that doens’t prove anything, and then have the testicular fortitude to say that is help.

But then again i expected nothing less.

CD freaks or not, none of you know how to provide any real help!

I’m just going to get a hacked version and use that. and if the People at NERO don’t like that, then that’s too bad. They should have thought about that before false advertising options in something that really don’t exist.

I’m done here because no one decided to help and has done nothing but cause even further problems by saying a whole lot of nothing