Why doesn't my pc detect my 2nd drive?

vbimport

I just installed a new master drive and switched my old drive before to be the slave. I put both on cable select and restarted. At first the old stayed letter D and the new became letter E and both were working but after restarting a 2nd time, the new one became lettre D and the old disappeared :frowning:

Why not do like the rest of us do and use them as master and slave?

Because I’m a dumbass? Thanks it’s working now :slight_smile:
Can you explain to me why both my burners device buffer freak out when I try to burn dvds at a higher speed than 4x but work fine when I test them with cdspeed? They’re both at mode dma4, firmware updated, and I use ty media. I’m suspecting it’s because of my old shitty hdd because it works fine with cdspeed create disc simulation :confused:
http://www.etech4sale.com/Maxtor_6E040L0_DiamondMax_Plus/6E040L0/partinfo-id-116859.html

dunno …put a burned disc in and fire up Nero CD-DVD Speed and do a Burst rate test. Post your results.

@ Harry Tuttle,

Many things can adversely affect throughput such CPU/Northbridge Front Side Bus, Cache Memory, Clock Frequency, Hard Disk Fragmentation, Excessive Background MuliTasking, overly aggressive AntiVirus software, etc.

Regards.
bjkg

burst rate = 19mb/s

I’m not running anything while burning not even an antivirus and I just defragmented my hdd to make sure that wasn’t the problem :slight_smile: I know it’s a crappy pc though (p3 766mhz with 256mb ram), but I’ve been able to write with the same burner and TYG02 at 8x on a crappier pc…

@ Harry Tuttle,

I suspect your throughput problem lies with your entire Computer (P3 766MHZ with 256MB RAM). Your Computer (P3 766MHZ with 256MB RAM) just Minimally meets the Windows XP Operating System Hardware requirements. To obtain the optimal advertised performance of Modern DVD Burners and Modern High Speed Media requires a Microprocessor and Supporting Hardware that can handle the rigorous demands of high speed Burning. Since your Computer (P3 766MHZ with 256MB RAM) just Minimally meets the Windows XP Operating System Hardware requirements you WILL experience difficulty in obtaining the optimal advertised performance of Modern DVD Burners and Modern High Speed Media. If you desire faster Burning speeds of your Taiyo Yuden TYG02 Media its time to upgrade your current outmoded Computer (P3 766MHZ with 256MB RAM) to a new modern Computer that FULLY supports the optimal performance of Modern DVD Burners and Modern High Speed Media.

Regards,
bjkg

That’s weird because I use xp lite and I have to say it’s pretty damn fast, would it make a difference if I reverted to win98? I’ll probably just keep burning dvds at 4x though since the device buffer doesn’t go below 94%, I hope 4x is fine with TYG02… thanks for your help! btw the computer with which I was burning at 8x is a 533mhz with 128mb of ram but it was running win98