Why doesn't DVDFab HD Decrypter recognize my drive?

I am a licensed DVDFab Platinum user. Recently got an LG GGW-H20L Dual format HD/BD(only) burner.
Was looking forward to using DVDFab HD Decrypter with this drive, but find that it does not even recognize my LG drive with HD/BD disc?
What gives?
Any DVD works fine.
What am I missing with HD Decrypter?
Thanks for any input.

http://club.cdfreaks.com/f116/hd-dvd-blu-ray-support-210293/

I am having the same problems. I bought the DVDPlatinum product because I love DVDFab, but it turns out that my LG GGW-H20L doesn’t. DVDFab reads SD DVD’s just fine, but not any BD movies. I am using a trial version of Anydvd and it works perfect everytime with my LG drive and PowerDVD has no problem playing from it. Does anyone know if DVDFab plans on supporting the GGW-H20L BD burners?

platinum and gold does not have hd/bluray support. im sure with the popularity of hd/bluray disc more support will come at some point in future releases. as for now…

Hi,

As far as we know, there is no real crack for aacs on hddvd/blu-ray for now. So any product which claim to crack hddvd/blu-ray, may fail on future discs. It’s not like css on dvd, if you break it, all future discs is supported, and we can release update for 3rd protections like arccos, etc. So we will not release a commercial product which claim to do something, but cannot promise to do it.

If there is real crack for hddvd/blu-ray, we will definitely add support for it.

Best Regards,
Fengtao

I still have not be able to get even the DVDFab HD Decrypter to work either. It scans the media for maybe one second then stops and tells me to insert media. I notice everyone saying that there isn’t a Blu-Ray algorithm to crack the movies but Anydvd has seem to found that magical algorithm. I just hope that DVDFab just adds the supported drivers for the LG drives in the near future.

Same problem here with my LG drive. :frowning:

I am having the same problem…

Could it be firmware installed to block operation?

Let me know if anyone figures this out!

Thanks,
b

It is a free program and a work in progress. It has been discussed many times here. Use our search feature and you find many topics on this subject. Right now it wont work on most discs.