Why does DVDFab take so long

Why does it take DVDFab Creator 8 hours to burn a 22GB movie to a 25GB Bluray disc?

Am I doing it wrong?

If you are starting with a Blu-ray movie that is only 22gb in size, then you do not need to use DVDFab for this process, other than to get rid of encryption.

[B]This assumes you are correct about the original size![/B]

Rip the Blu-ray to the hard drive using the Blu-ray Copy section of DVDFab, or use the free section called DVDFab HD Decrypter if your trial has expired.

You could also use another tool entirely, called MakeMKV to rip the movie in [B]Backup mode[/B]. This will put the complete movie onto the hard drive with no encoding, so it is fairly fast. Let me know if you need any help with this free tool if you decide to use it.

Then burn the Blu-ray to your 25gb disc using Imgburn. You’ll need to use UDF 2.5 file system, but ImgBurn will warn you if you have anything set wrong, so follow its instructions.

This whole process should take about an hour, maybe a bit more, to rip to the hard drive, then burn the disc.

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2726607]If you are starting with a Blu-ray movie that is only 22gb in size, then you do not need to use DVDFab for this process, other than to get rid of encryption.

[B]This assumes you are correct about the original size![/B]

Rip the Blu-ray to the hard drive using the Blu-ray Copy section of DVDFab, or use the free section called DVDFab HD Decrypter if your trial has expired.

You could also use another tool entirely, called MakeMKV to rip the movie in [B]Backup mode[/B]. This will put the complete movie onto the hard drive with no encoding, so it is fairly fast. Let me know if you need any help with this free tool if you decide to use it.

Then burn the Blu-ray to your 25gb disc using Imgburn. You’ll need to use UDF 2.5 file system, but ImgBurn will warn you if you have anything set wrong, so follow its instructions.

This whole process should take about an hour, maybe a bit more, to rip to the hard drive, then burn the disc.[/QUOTE]

I paid for DVDFab so I’ll stick with it.

I used DVDFab Ripper to rip the Bluray to my hard drive. I chose M2TS Passthrough. The file was 22GB on my hard drive. Then I used DVDFab Creator to put it on a 25GB BD-R. 8 hours!

So you’re saying I can rip it to hard drive and then burn it straight away? Should I choose a different rip method than M2TS passthrough? I don’t want my computer working for 8 hours for a single movie…

Also I don’t want extras and menus and stuff like that. Thx for the help

If Fab is working that long, it is almost certainly re-encoding the movie. I have no idea which section of DVDFab you have paid for, but you should be able to rip the [B]movie only[/B] with DVDFab HD Decrypter if nothing else in that program.

Since you already have the 22gb file on the hard drive, try playing it to see if it is what you want, then burn it straight to a disc with ImgBurn.

If the 22gb file has menus and extras included, you can extract the main movie only using ClownBD. This will not re-encode anything, and will be fairly quick. Then burn the output from ClownBD using ImgBurn.