Why does clonedvd put black bars on my movie

vbimport

Hello,
i justused copydvd to mak an image ffile for my full screen matrix movie and then i burned that image file to a dvd-r, when i poopped the dvd-r in, it had a widescreen effect with two bars. If it was originally full screen why did clonedvd make it have widescreen. did it cut some picture off? also how do you set the write speed on clonedvd?

elby CloneDVD2 does not change the aspect ratio in any way. What version of CloneDVD are you using?

@ mikej3131,

Welcome to the Forum.

On some Commercial DVD Movie Titles the original DVD contains a Wide Screen and Full Screen versions of the Movie Title. You need to ensure that when you are selecting the Titles Sets to record that you select the correct Title Sets for either Wide Screen or Full Screen. To sample the various Title Sets to identify exactly what is contained in the Title Set use the Preview Function located on the CloneDVD ‘Title Configuration’ page.

Below is the AnyDVD-CloneDVD User Tutorial, which details how to use the AnyDVD-CloneDVD software programs.

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?threadid=72022

Best Regards,
bjkg

Good point. Another hint: Double-clicking on the preview display will resize it, so you will see the aspect ratio better.

also how do you set the write speed on clonedvd?

On the Output Method page, when DVD writer is chosen, there is a drop down box for preferred speed.

ok ive come to realize everybody has tere own preference when it comes to software and im not gonna get a “real” answer because they are all opinions so ill just stick to what ie got now , anydvd, clonedvd and nero.

Now heres the deal. Now when it comes to settings i heard there are right and wrong ways so can someone please help me out here so i can get the best and longest lasting dics. Now someone told me to get my burner and firmware and post it. well here goes my burner and firmware

tsstcorp cd/dvdw ts-h552b ga04

i want to get verbatim discs now that i here they are good. What kind of verbatims should i get and what speed, settings should i change around in my burning software to get the best quality and longest lasting discs?

i want to get verbatim discs now that i here they are good. What kind of verbatims should i get and what speed, settings should i change around in my burning software to get the best quality and longest lasting discs?

i wanted to change my previous post on the last paragraph but i couldnt find the edit button. I meant to say

"i want to get verbatim [B]DVD-R[/B] discs now that i here they are good. What kind of verbatim [B]DVD-R’s[/B]should i get and what speed, settings should i change around in my burning software to get the best quality and longest lasting discs?

Closed for crossposting. Please read the forum rules.