Why does Blindwrite not work?

Hey all. I was wondering if anyone knew whether or not BW Suite 4.3 is good for copying securom. I bought this Liteon 52x24x52x writer back at X-mas time and I haven’t been able to copy a securom game with it since. Is the writer a piece of crap? Is it the programs??? Seems like I’m the only one who can’t copy securom games. I updated to the new firmware (R526S0D) and still noluck. Can someone help me out?

the drive is fine. For SecuROM 4.x, I first make a BWA file with Blindwrite “physical CD characteristic dumper”. I make sure to close as many background tasks as possible while it does this, and I don’t touch my mouse, because the process is sensitive to cpu loads. I also choose a slow speed, but leave everything else at defaults. If I don’t have a BWA file or couldn’t be bothered making one, I download one. Then I make a CCD with CloneCD. Then I patch the image with TwinPeaks (while leaving everything here at defaults) which makes a “patched.ccd” and associated files. I then burn that with CloneCD.

Voila. SecuROM defeated (on most drives, apparently)

simple answer to your question …

use blindwrite v 4.2.5 With BWA Builder Lastest Version

your makeing costers becuse IMHO the latest blindwrite versions are crap at securom NEW games.

hope this helps.

does the new version of “b.s.” offer the use bwa file if avail. like the 425 does? if so, i haven’t been able to find it.

does the new version of “b.s.” offer the use bwa file if avail. like the 425 does? if so, i haven’t been able to find it.

Nope, this is exactly one of the reasons 4.2.5 is so popular, I believe…

It seems I can copy some securom games using Blindwrite, however the discs won’t work in any drive except my cd writer. I heard some people say they’ve used the same writer I have (liteon 52x24x52x) and have made copys that work in any cdrom they try it in. Anyone know why this type of thing happens? I would like to get my copys to work in all drives if possible. I just don’t know why some people can get theirs working in all drives but I can’t seem to.