Why do YOU use DVD Fab?

I bought the gold version about a month ago, and it is bar none the best copy/burning software I have ever used. Why do I use it? Because I want to watch my DVD library in it’s fully upconverted glory…1080i to be exact in my case. My HDTV does not have HDMI…only component video, and I bought Toshiba’s XA2 flagship HD-DVD player (prior to the devastating loss of the format war to Blu-ray). Anyway, this player has beautiful upconversion capabilities of standard dvd’s, but for those that don’t have HDMI in their video connectivity portion of their home theater, they will be limited to 480p resolution because of HDCP. Using this software and stripping out all of the copy protection flags, etc, etc, allows me to backup my movies to dual layer recordable media and watch my movies upconverted to 1080i via a component video connection, and the result is a gorgeous picture. Not quite HD-DVD/Bluray quality, but darned close, and enough to curb my desire to run out and dump a ton of money into Bluray…for now anyway.

Just curious why others use it.

for ease of use and movie only option.

[quote=Yoeddy1;2109773]
Just curious why others use it.[/quote]
I use dvdfab platinum because it copies all recent releases with no problems and for its 1 click your done.

I use DvdFab HD Decrypter because it works.

I use DVDFab b/c,
See all the above…
@OP, is that avatar from “The Wanderers” flick?
cool flick,I might add…:cool:

Yup, all good reasons so far.
I’ve been using Platinum since late '03 and while many of my reasons have evolved along with Platinum, I use it because it works and it works consistently.
I love the fact that it can remain as simple as 1 click to bkup a movie or allow me a free hand to customize a Ipod conversion in whatever complicated fashion I choose…:rolleyes:
Platinum is an outstanding piece of software.

[quote=maineman;2109868]allow me a free hand to customize a Ipod conversion in whatever complicated fashion I choose…:rolleyes:
Platinum is an outstanding piece of software.[/quote]
But now the mobile option is an extra cost but is still a good bargain for 19.99

Last fall, while I was in isolation, waiting for my kidney transplant, my daughter took out some of my out-of-print DVD’s to watch. After my transplant, while I was recovering, my daughter returned them, and some of my DVD’s were damaged beyond repair. I ended up having to replace them off of ebay, at speculative prices, and vowed that I would not allow my original DVD’s to leave my collection. I found DVDFab, and having nothing else to do with my days, I started backing up my collection of out-of-print DVD’s, so we could watch them without fear of scratching/damaging the hard/impossible to replace titles.

Recently, i’ve used DVDFab to extract soundtracks from movies, so I could isolate ringtones and alerts for my various phone profiles. I’m hooked on DVDFab and converting others to its glories.

Why do I use DVDFAB…Uh!! That is a real tough question.

Some time back (in 2004) I came across a product (Regional Code & CSS) by DVDILE. It was the coolest product I’ve ever used. Ofcourse, the product EOL. Only when I realised that DVDILE and DVDFAB was from the same author.

Anyway, DVDFab constant updates, lifetime support and friendly forum people, are really why I decided to purchase the product without thinking twice.

Moreover, I wanted a program that I can provide a GOOD & FAST ripped. DVDFAB, has been able to do just that.

I just hope that DVDFAB will continue.

Chow

Splitting & customizing dvd9 to dvd5.

[B]I only Use Fab now[/B] :flower:
easy to use :bigsmile:
Evan an old twit like me cant go wrong (yet):wink:

I use DVDFab HD Decrypter to rip DVD’s to my hard disk, and then let my favorite program, DVD Rebuilder Professional, work its magic. DVDFab HD Decrypter has never let me down, and jdobbs’ awesome program maintains high levels of quality, even when you go from DVD9 to DVD5.

Thanks for everything, Fengtao!

Yo-

Have been a subscriber for more than two years - have DVD Gold - two keystrokes and 15 to 25 minutes later have a really good copy from my dedicated ‘burning computer’-

Learned early on to only use prime media from Taiyo Yuden (T02 only) and Verbatim (MCC 004 and MCC 03RG20) and top rated drive (I use the LiteOn 20A4H as reader/ripper and Pioneer DVR 115D as writer/burner) to obtain pristine results-eh!!

[QUOTE=abarax;2110309]I use DVDFab HD Decrypter to rip DVD’s to my hard disk, and then let my favorite program, DVD Rebuilder Professional, work its magic. DVDFab HD Decrypter has never let me down, and jdobbs’ awesome program maintains high levels of quality, even when you go from DVD9 to DVD5.

Thanks for everything, Fengtao![/QUOTE]

I too use DVDFab HD Decrypter in way similar to you.

I use DVDFab HD Decrypter to rip entire DVD to my hard drive. If it DVD5 I rip all and same too with DVD9. DVDFab HD Decrypter is excellent tool for ripping. It does a clean job and handles all the latest protections. I do not use movie only feature unless full rip fails to working on the full movie mode.

Than I find that final version of DVD Shrink, the 3.2.0.15 official last version, is good to process the movie that DVDFab HD Decrypter ripped to my hard drive.

My needs are simple and I am familiar on the use of DVD Shrink, so for me no additional programs are to be needed. DVDFab HD Decrypter works very well with Shrink 3.2.0.15 with no incompatible results.

I try DVD43 before finding DVDFab HD Decrypter but I think it a driver and sits on top of DVD drive and is in memory at all of times so it cause incompatibility that made things unstable for me.

But DVDFab HD Decrypter does not crash the computer and after I use its features and turn that program off again, it does not stay in memory to cause incompatible behavior with other programs. This works best for me.

Thank you

For a long time i used HD decrypter…and just loved the job it did.

I’ve been using Platinum for quite a while, and i’ve never looked back.

After using Fab Platinum for the first time, I fell in love with it - the ease of use, the interface, the fact the it’s never turned out a dud burn for me…I wouldn’t use anything else now.

I have three kids, who wonderful as they are tend to leave discs laying around. Our dog and two cats aren’t very mindful of avoiding said discs.

That, in addition to using the movie only option to avoid so much of the junk they force you to sit through on many kids DVD’s are reason enough.

Been using DVDFab Platinum of late. Used to use the free version, then upgraded to Gold, then to Platinum not because of the features (heck, I never even use any of the advanced features, mobile options, etc.) but simply to support the development of the program.

1. The amount of user control it allows
  2. Frequent updates and new features
    Love my monkeyware :).

I use DVDFab as part of my total tools package. It does more than what I will ever use it for but it’s nice to know I have the capability if I need it. It was worth the money to me to buy it even though I mainly use it when RipIt4Me doesn’t work. I also have AnyDVD (the whole package even though currently I don’t have any of it installed) as part of my toolkit along with PgcEdit, Vobblanker, DVD Shrink, Recode 3, Imgburn, Nero, ConverttoDVD, Winavi, Isobuster. I like to play around, I’m an equal opportunity vendor user as long as it fits into my personal preferences. I don’t rely on one program. To me part of the fun is messing with the DVD with my computer (I’m not a one click kind of guy, I’m a multiple click play around user, heh). I actually enjoy the process as much as watching the movie. I guess that means I’m a computer nerd!

I would ask of DVD Shrink 3.2.0.15 and what it can do but also DVDFab Gold or DVDFab Platinum can do as well.

Is using DVDFab HD Decrypter with DVD Shrink similar to functions of use in DVDFab Gold or DVDFab Platinum?

Do DVDFab Gold and DVDFab Platinum have much extra in features by compare to the DVD Shrink program?

By using DVDFab HD Decrypter and DVD Shrink are we missing out on some good features that DVDFab Gold and DVDFab Platinum have to offer?

Thank you