Why do you guys care so much about quality scanning and not readability?

Why do you guys care so much about quality scanning and not readability???
at 4x it takes 20 min at 8x 10min… your dvd burner is spinning the dvd, uses up cpu cycle i find this a complete waste of time
why not do it at 16x?? is the quality crap at this speed? lol
now you know this quality scan is bogus and is meant for entertainment only… i am fedup with this this this waste of time scanning and scanning… i got better things to do then this…
just do a speed test at 16x, if it doesn’t stop at any point then this disc is a good burn.
most disc that reads well do not scan well proof that quality scan is more of a hype then a necessity.
i burned over 3000 disc in the last 4 years so i have much much more experience that any of you.
compared to me, everyone is a noob. :slight_smile:

If you guys are gonna show crap quality scanning as bad
why not show speedtest as well so we can see how bogus this quality scanning is.

im fed up with the herd mentality
if its doesn’t scan well than it is a coaster :-\

nothing beat TY at quality scanning…
i could go on and on how this quality grading has nothing to do with readability… and most are gonna continue to scan meda that has passed trt test despite that it is unnecessary…
the average joe doesn’t do quality scanning lol
only really really paranoid people do…if it scan well then its gonna last a long time?
if it doesn’t, then its going to coaster in the future?
none has proven to be true
my time is better spent on burning more dvd then this this extra time to make sure that the disc is good not just make sure but make extra extra sure :slight_smile:

some dvd burner are just poor reader k
like pioneer, nec.
liteon, samsung, lg are better reader
so just because it doesn’t read a certain disc or have problems
doesn’t mean there anything wrong with the media itself.

if you dont believe that’s fine but i refuse to go along with the crowd who will follow one another like lemmings.

have fun wasting a lot of your precious time
i’m gonna be more productive why scan every media burned
only a few trt test was done and if it goes well then i am 100 percent sure that the rest are gonna burn good…
laugh all you want…

[QUOTE=sugarmommyst;1947381]Why do you guys care so much about quality scanning and not readability???
at 4x it takes 20 min at 8x 10min… your dvd burner is spinning the dvd, uses up cpu cycle i find this a complete waste of time
now you know this quality scan is bogus and is meant for entertainment only… i am fedup with this this this waste of time scanning and scanning… i got better things to do then this…
just do a speed test at 16x, if it doesn’t stop at any point then this disc is a good burn.
most disc that reads well do not scan well proof that quality scan is more of a hype then a necessity.
[B]i burned over 3000 disc in the last 4 years so i have much much more experience that any of you.[/B]
compared to me, everyone is a noob. :)[/QUOTE]

Sure, you are lame. :doh:

[quote=sugarmommyst;1947381]i burned over 3000 disc in the last 4 years so i have much much more experience that any of you.
compared to me, everyone is a noob. :)[/quote] I’m sure you’re smarter and more experienced than everyone else here combined, so I have moved your posts to this separate thread. :wink:

[QUOTE=sugarmommyst;1947385]If you guys are gonna show crap quality scanning as bad
why not show speedtest as well so we can see how bogus this quality scanning is.[/QUOTE]

Cough Take a look around - I think you’ll find a lot of us include TRTs with our scans.

As for scans taking up CPU cycles - doesn’t bother me, I scan on another PC :stuck_out_tongue: :bigsmile:

You have your opinions, fine…but please don’t slam us for ours :wink:

@Drage - good move :iagree:

Edit: Just noticed this:

[QUOTE=sugarmommyst;1947381]

Hahahahahaha :bigsmile:

[QUOTE=sugarmommyst;1947381]Why do you guys care so much about quality scanning and not readability???
i burned over 3000 disc in the last 4 years so i have much much more experience that any of you.
compared to me, everyone is a noob. :)[/QUOTE]I don’t know what post to respond to but here goes. We like using our $25-and in excess of $150usd drives to scan with as we are poor and don’t have the money for something better.

When i open a new pack of media i’ll scan a few to see if my burn speed is good to go. After that i trust the media in THAT pack.

:)Well, is someone upset? This is really needless to say but I kinda agree with what rolling56 said previously. Is scannning a few cheaper medias and scanning to see who makes them really a waste of time? I think not. Profection can never be achieved but scanning ever changing media makers can save money and time in the long run. Also scanning helps us users who are looking for a good drive and matching media as well. I don’t see one user posting countless scanning read and writes anyways. Have nice day.:smiley:

Personally, I do high-speed AND slow speed scans on discs.

Depending on which one I do first, you will only see one then the other. If a drive shows poor scans, I will re-scan it. If 2 drives agree, I will do a TRT.

I also do a TRT on discs that have to play back in a DVD player. And then I test it in that DVD player for playback issues.

But for the majority of my discs, which are mostly good enough for my current DVD burners to read back at full speed, only a quality scan is required, as it often tells me a little bit more about how my drives are working with the disc [and not just if the data can be retrieved successfully or not].

That’s just my personal approach. :flower:

FWIW: I’m at least 2000 test DVD discs in, and well over 500 real-world DVD discs in, with the majority of failures initially pinned at the post-burn scanning stage, I must be doing something right, eh?

compared to me, everyone is a noob.

:bow: Teach me master on how to burn properly

^joke :stuck_out_tongue: who is this guy and what has he been sniffing i would like some :stuck_out_tongue:

What did Shakespeare said? Something like you could live inside a nutshell and think you’re the king of universe? What is the correct quote?

I’m sure you have some fiine quality’s but being arrogant is not one of them

[QUOTE=camellote;1947735]What did Shakespeare said? Something like you could live inside a nutshell and think you’re the king of universe? What is the correct quote?[/QUOTE]

[B]“I could be bounded in a nutshell and count myself a king of infinite space.”[/B] :slight_smile:

Here is the truth for you sugarmommyst :

[B]We scan becaue we CAN[/B] :bigsmile:

Scanning is needed for your very important data because you can scan and TRT after a burn
then a few months down the road scan and TRT again to make sure you don’t have degradation.

If you don’t have anything important and your discs play fine then it can be a waste to scan.

But if you have ever had any Ritek G05 common sense would tell you why people scan…

[QUOTE=MegaDETH;1947974]
then a few months down the road scan and TRT again to make sure you don’t have degradation.[/QUOTE]

Exactly - it’s handy for checking deterioration :iagree:

[QUOTE=Arachne;1947975]Exactly - it’s handy for checking deterioration :iagree:[/QUOTE]

That’s mainly why i do the scan.

You say “the average joe doesn’t do quality scanning”, the average joe also normally will buy the cheapest discs they can get and probably believes one disc is the same as the next just with a different label on.

LOL, like it.

As extreme as his point is, parts are actually true and there are too many people obsessed over scanning, who shouldn’t even bother.

It does give a bit more info about the disc when you scan. Which can be useful for comparison and checking degradation.

I think if people are to become heavily involved in analyzing their scans they must have two different scanning drives. Preferably of different chipsets (BenQ Nexperia and Liteon Mediatek). It’s useless IMO to scan with only one drive, at slow speeds and not do a TRT. Not including jitter is also a mistake. If you can scan for jitter, do it.

It’s a mistake to be putting far too much faith into one drive, which for all you know could be reporting incorrectly due to wear and tear, a glitch etc. I have two liteons and one BenQ and I have fussy drives for TRT testing. Even so, I still don’t trust my tests to predict playability 100%.

Scanning is more of an insight into a burnt disc and should be looked at with and open mind. Don’t believe everything you see but don’t ignore obvious problems. It’s a fun thing to do IMO and helps many throughout the forum to show comparisons, which writers work well with which discs etc.

[QUOTE=cd pirate;1948432]As extreme as his point is, parts are actually true and there are too many people obsessed over scanning, who shouldn’t even bother. [/QUOTE]

Obsessed yes, but I would say (home) scanning has it’s place, as detailed above.

I also don’t relish being called a noob, and seeing people I regard as very knowledgeable called noobs either.

Edit: While I think he’s entitled to whatever opinion, I just think it could have been put a little better. :wink:

[QUOTE=Arachne;1948433]Obsessed yes, but I would say (home) scanning has it’s place, as detailed above.

I also don’t relish being called a noob, and seeing people I regard as very knowledgeable called noobs either.

Edit: While I think he’s entitled to whatever opinion, I just think it could have been put a little better. ;)[/QUOTE]

Agreed, and to say that burning 3000 discs makes you somehow above other people and n00bies is silly. His point could have been put through in a much better way than it was.

[QUOTE=Arachne;1948433]Obsessed yes, but I would say (home) scanning has it’s place, as detailed above.

Edit: While I think he’s entitled to whatever opinion, I just think it could have been put a little better. ;)[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=cd pirate;1948447]Agreed, and to say that burning 3000 discs makes you somehow above other people and n00bies is silly. His point could have been put through in a much better way than it was.[/QUOTE]

Agreed the points could have been put across better and being called a noob made me want to start calling names but i chilled and didn’t.

To be honest i think most of us have been here long enough to understand that the scans are to be taken with a pinch of salt and do not take them as the final word. Most of us that do the scans do them for reason…

Scanning can give you some good info regarding how good a said drive burns said media and which media the drive doesn’t burn well, we can also find out at what speed said media burns best at in said drive. By saving the scan we can also then like mentioned already check back some time down the line to see if the disc has kept well or degraded badly.