Why do people own 10 different drives?

vbimport

I see some of you people with like 10 drives? Why would you need so many burners? Do they break or weardown or something?

[QUOTE=jmchea;2031150]I see some of you people with like 10 drives? Why would you need so many burners? Do they break or weardown or something?[/QUOTE]More convenient to use for me. Check out my sig for my finished build :bigsmile:

It would be very boring reviewing the same drive over and over again, hence the need for the 30 plus here. LOL

[I]Why do people own 10 different drives?[/I]

…because they can’t afford more than 10 drives? :bigsmile:

Each drive has its strengths and weaknesses, so having at least two drives is a good idea. Some of us consider this a hobby so we like to test and collect different drives.

Because they are freaks :slight_smile:

My signature says it all…

Regards,
TerminalVeloCD

[QUOTE=DrageMester;2031209][I]Why do people own 10 different drives?[/I]

…because they can’t afford more than 10 drives? :bigsmile:

Each drive has its strengths and weaknesses, so having at least two drives is a good idea. Some of us consider this a hobby so we like to test and collect different drives.[/QUOTE]

LOOOOL :bigsmile:

Agreed, that’s why I have more than one drive.

@Homeless2 - yer dead right :bigsmile:

As for wearing or breaking down…I’ve only retired 3 drives in 4 years, and only two of those were due to some kind of malfunction :wink:

Just 10!:stuck_out_tongue:
I have 15 on 1 computer.

[QUOTE=jamescooley1;2031269]Just 10!:stuck_out_tongue:
I have 15 on 1 computer.[/QUOTE]:eek: I could do that if i had enough external drives i guess :bigsmile:

What case you have Jim?

[QUOTE=Bob;2031354]:eek: I could do that if i had enough external drives i guess :bigsmile:

What case you have Jim?[/QUOTE]
Bob, I happen to have an external drive in my garage, would it work with my PC that already has two burners?

[QUOTE=durkinjt;2031377]Bob, I happen to have an external drive in my garage, would it work with my PC that already has two burners?[/QUOTE]Sure as long as you have an extra USB or firewire plug in on your case. I take it, it is a USB or firewire drive?

[QUOTE=Bob;2031381]Sure as long as you have an extra USB or firewire plug in on your case. I take it, it is a USB or firewire drive?[/QUOTE]Thanks Bob,USB.

I only have 9 in total connected to my burning rig atm. Pure me… :sad:

BTW, I’m passing over the oldest ones to my son’s compu. :bigsmile:

[QUOTE=pinto2;2031492]IBTW, I’m passing over the oldest ones to my son’s compu. :bigsmile:[/QUOTE]I know he told me :bigsmile:

[QUOTE=Bob;2031354]:eek: I could do that if i had enough external drives i guess :bigsmile:

:iagree: that is how I do it, I am running 4 esata,USB and Firewire enclosures and my wife noticed this the other day and I think she might be pissed:bigsmile:. I am to lazy to keep changing drives;) Now to hook up the old P4 with 5 or 6 more:eek:

[QUOTE=jamescooley1;2031521]:iagree: that is how I do it, I am running 4 esata,USB and Firewire enclosures and my wife noticed this the other day and I think she might be pissed:bigsmile:. I am to lazy to keep changing drives;) Now to hook up the old P4 with 5 or 6 more:eek:[/QUOTE]:bigsmile: well i hate when i piss the wife off but you know how yours is :stuck_out_tongue:

:iagree: that is how I do it, I am running 4 esata,USB and Firewire enclosures and my wife noticed this the other day and I think she might be pissed:bigsmile:. I am to lazy to keep changing drives;) Now to hook up the old P4 with 5 or 6 more:eek:
[http://club.cdfreaks.com/2027821-post12.html

[QUOTE=jamescooley1;2031525]:iagree: that is how I do it, I am running 4 esata,USB and Firewire enclosures and my wife noticed this the other day and I think she might be pissed:bigsmile:. I am to lazy to keep changing drives;) Now to hook up the old P4 with 5 or 6 more:eek:
http://club.cdfreaks.com/f58/optodisc-16x-dvd-r-100-pack-bulk-28-05-ac-free-shipping-shop4tech-242009/#post2027821[/QUOTE]

Good grief Jim http://club.cdfreaks.com/2027821-post12.html :bigsmile:

[QUOTE=pinto2;2031492]I only have 9 in total connected to my burning rig atm. Pure me… :sad:

BTW, I’m passing over the oldest ones to my son’s compu. :bigsmile:[/QUOTE]

:bigsmile: :sad: I only have 7 hooked to mine

no USB though :disagree: only 1394:iagree:

Some people collect stamps. Some people collect optical drives. :wink: