Why do cd's copy but dvd's won't burn? please help!

vbimport

We recently changed our dell dimention 4300 drives because we wanted a dvd burner. Then we had alot of vibration coming from the top drive so now I have a liteon dvd-rom drive SOHD-16P9SV with ATAPI/E-IDE interface 16x, and a HP dvd740i writer. I can use CD clone to copy cd’s fine, but I cannot get the dvd’s to copy and burn. I have any dvd installed and nero. We have the liteon dvd rom set to master and the dvd writer set to slave. Is this right? I went to each website and got the firmware updates today. I still can’t get it to work. I’m not very good at this. What have I done wrong? Can anyone help me please?

p.s. I’m sorry I posted earlier in the wrong thread.

@ katiebell,

Welcome to the Forum.

Suggest reviewing the CD Freaks Forum Rules (http://club.cdfreaks.com/announceme...nouncementid=37) and note the comments concerning Double Posting. You have Double Posted exactly the same posting in both the CD Freaks ANYDVD Forum CD Freaks LiteOn DVD Burner / Sony DVD Burner Forums. Double Posting is against the CD Freaks Forum Rules, doesn’t get a reply to your inquiry any quicker, causes confusion and is discourteous to the Forum Member that responds to your inquiry.

Suggest viewing your “why do cd’s copy but dvd’s won’t burn? please help!” posting in the AnyDVD Forum for my response to your inquiry.

Best Regards,
bjkg

Welcome to the forum katiebell, can you give us some more info on what type of DVD you are having problems with! Is it a Data or Movie DVD? Your setup seems ok but it might be better to change it so your DVD-Rom is slave and the HP write is set as master. Some DVD writes don’t like to be set as slave to a DVD-Rom, but I don’t think that is the cause of your problems. Nero can be a problem at the best of times so you might need to try some other software. If you are trying to copy a Movie DVD best to use AnyDVD and CloneDVD2 and not Nero to do it.

Thank you for your response, I hope you or someone can help. I am trying to copy movie dvd’s. I have been using dvd shrink 3.2, slysoft any dvd and intervideo dvd copy. I just tried the nero because I started to have trouble when we installed the new drives, I don’t really like the looks of it anyway & I can uninstall it if I need to. It was free with the dvd rom. I didn’t have any problems when I copied a music cd with cd clone.