Why cant i burn riteks now with my 716a and before i could

vbimport

sup folks this situation here is really mind boggling…okay.
i had a 716a plextor and backed up all my movies successfully with ritek ritedatas…i ran self diagnostics test of the 716 and all medias never ejected except the verbatim…therefore i concluded the drive was damaged after having it for 3 months…whats mind boggling is that i exchanged it for another one and took it to my friends house thinking it was my computer…and still a brand new burner …burns the riteks on easy creator 6 (which i always been using)but then after session is closed the computer freeezes…like it does not want to read it…the media is not defective because my friend has used it on his 712 and worked perfect…i reinstalled my windows all over again and reformatted the hard drive thinking it was a driver issue…and nothing…i cant explain why on earth it does not want to play these riteks now all of a sudden when before i was using them perfectly…
please help me…i ve been through 3 burners…reinstalled windows…the connections are right…what is really weird is that i even tried a different brand of burner.a pioneer a09…and it still did the same thing…but then i unistalled the drivers on the properties of the drive and rebooted my computer…and it buned the riteks successfully…but then some failed to write…

Install the lastest version of Plextools v2.19a, and reflash your drive using Firmware v1.04 from Plextor’s North American website. Check to make sure your drive’s jumper settings are set on Master and not cable select.

So far as the Pioneer drive doing the same thing, I’m not sure what’s going on there. You might try replacing your IDE cable. What version of Windows are you running on?

Also, I use Nero for all my DVD burning. This may be an Easy Creator 6 specific issue. You can download a trial version of Nero for free.

i did change my ide cable and nothing…i also left the jumper settings to cable select like it always has been…my computers devices are cable select…but the 80 conductor pin ide cable is set to master on the plextor and slave (the gray part) on the dvd rom…it has always been working like that…i even reinstalled windows xp home edition and formatted the harddrive…

i did also refresh the drive to firmware 1.04 and i have tried nero and it did the same thing for the media…

your problem could be the ROXIO software on your pc…it’s known to create software conflicts…i would suggest you uninstall ROXIO…uninstall NERO BURN…download the NERO CLEAN TOOL from NERO website and use it…then reboot pc and reinstall NERO again…i would also suggest not to use the CABLE SELECT settings…in some cases i’ve read others who have had more problems when installing a new dvd burner…set the drive in master…do you have a DELL pc? i ask because DELL is famous for using the CABLE SELECT settings…to use that setting you need to use a special IDE cable that is only for CABLE SELECT settings…

PLEXTOR 708A DVDRW :slight_smile:
PIONEER 107D DVDRW:)
LITEON 811 DVDRW
BENQ 1620 DVDRW (2):slight_smile:
TOSHIBA (2)1612 DVD-ROM
PLEXTOR 48X24X48 CDRW
PENT 4 HT 3.00C, 800 FSB, PENT 4 2.40 533 FSB
ASUS MOBO’s P4P800SE (2)
1GB CRUCIAL PC3200 MEMORY, 1GB CRUCIAL PC2700
WESTERN DIGITAL 36GB RAPTOR HARD DRIVE
MAXTOR 200 GB HARD DRIVE
MAXTOR (2)250 GB HARD DRIVEs
MAXTOR 200 GB SATA HARD DRIVE
MAXTOR (2)120 GB HARD DRIVEs
MAXTOR 60 GB HARD DRIVE
ANTEC TRUE POWER 480 WATT POWER SUPPLY
ANTEC TRUE POWER 430 WATT POWER SUPPLY
ANTEC SLK2650 CASE, ANTEC SLK2600AMB CASE
CANOPUS ADVC-100 ANALOG TO DIGITAL CONVERTER
MAXTOR ATA -133 PCI CONTROLLER CARDs

Yes My Dell Is Cable Select…but What I Cant Understand Is That It Was Working Perfectly Before…it Was Set To Cable Select And I Did Put The Plextor 80 Conductor Pin Which Is Compatible…never Had No Issues…

polo, is there any entry in the AutoStrategy database? If yes, delete them and reflash with fw 1.04.