Why can't I burn CD's properly anymore?

Hello,
Trying to complete a successful burn has been a challenge lately. I don’t know if my pc needs an upgrade or if I’m buying the wrong cd-r’s? My pc uses windows xp pro. I tend to use itunes when I burn cd’s. I have tried sonic record now & wmp but I get error msg’s w/ them as well. I have tried to slow down the burn speed but that usually doesn’t help. I also make sure that all of the other windows have been closed down before I start burning. Does anyone know what I can do so I can have a successful burn every time?
cd-r info: memorex, 52x, 700mb, 80mins

[QUOTE=bleachsqueaks;2287658]Hello,
Trying to complete a successful burn has been a challenge lately. I don’t know if my pc needs an upgrade or if I’m buying the wrong cd-r’s? My pc uses windows xp pro. I tend to use itunes when I burn cd’s. I have tried sonic record now & wmp but I get error msg’s w/ them as well. I have tried to slow down the burn speed but that usually doesn’t help. I also make sure that all of the other windows have been closed down before I start burning. Does anyone know what I can do so I can have a successful burn every time?
cd-r info: memorex, 52x, 700mb, 80mins[/QUOTE]

One would be the media quality would affect burn as well as what model burner you have and firmware? Also I would toss Roxio and WMP burning function out the window. WMP is good for playing media but burning it’s not a something I would use it for. Also what is the file format your using first so we can at least know what program would handle that format? You asked for help but gave very little in the way of detail enough for us to look over and response as what you should do.

Hi bleachsqueaks and welcome,

Yup, try using better quality media and ditch the software you’re currently using as suggested by cc.

Also recommend you try
burrrn
It’s freeware and a solid choice for your needs