Why can't DVDFab platinum work both directions?

vbimport

I understand that VideoFab is the file-to-file converter that was just introduced.

But as a user of DVDFab platinum, all I really want is to be able to convert DVD to mobile and also convert mobile to DVD.

Is that in the product roadmap?

Viewed that way, “DVD to mobile” is a bit misnamed, it is really “DVD to file (that can be used with a mobile device if you want)”.

Ultimately, a DVDFab “super platinum” version would integrate everything and be able to take individual camera clips and make a DVD with chapters out of it.

We can dream of integration, I guess.

not sure if it is in the plans or not.

i do know dvdflick (freeware) converts from file to dvd. this should help you for now until someone can answer if videofab will support this in the near future.

[quote=jek;2171354]I understand that VideoFab is the file-to-file converter that was just introduced.

But as a user of DVDFab platinum, all I really want is to be able to convert DVD to mobile and also convert mobile to DVD.

Is that in the product roadmap?

Viewed that way, “DVD to mobile” is a bit misnamed, it is really “DVD to file (that can be used with a mobile device if you want)”.

Ultimately, a DVDFab “super platinum” version would integrate everything and be able to take individual camera clips and make a DVD with chapters out of it.

We can dream of integration, I guess.[/quote]Remember that DVDFab evolved as a product to take DVD Video content and let the user manipulate it or convert it, not the other way. There are many additional features planned for VideoFab; converting MPEG-4 files to DVD format is probably one of them. Be patient.