Why Buy Nero?

My Memorex DVD±RAM 525G v1 came with Nero 7 Essential. Seems OK. But I am wondering what others thnk of NERO 9. It was available Dec 27th at Fry’s for $20 after rebates. I blew it off, figuring it was uneccessary (like the extra letter I just typoed) :slight_smile:

-J

good question. i tried nero out after everyone kept preaching about the superiority of nero. after i tried it out i stopped wondering about Nero and started wondering why i listen to certain people.

Yo-

I’m personally sticking with Nero 6 - until some compelling feature comes up that makes me want to change-eh!!

(btw - the Ahead site shows the latest version is Nero 8 - however some of the torrent sites are showing Nero 9 - so I’m all confused)

Roxio is better than Nero! :bigsmile::clap::bigsmile:

It is a good question. I have been wondering that one too since, like you, I got a trail nero 7 with my recent burner purchase. I loaded it on and was quite turned off at how much stuff it wanted to be associated to it. Personally I want nero to burn and rip otherwise I want them to stay away from my audio, video, and pictures. Am I too missing something? I did locate several sources for nero 6 ultra (or whatever it is called), but am still a bit leary after the nero 7 install.

On a somewhat different note I used to use Music Match (mostly back in the Wild West days of music ripping). After being bought by Yahoo! it has turned to real crap IMO.

[QUOTE=bigmike7;1968760]Yo-

I’m personally sticking with Nero 6 - until some compelling feature comes up that makes me want to change-eh!!

(btw - the Ahead site shows the latest version is Nero 8 - however some of the torrent sites are showing Nero 9 - so I’m all confused)[/QUOTE]

i tried to stick with nero 6 as well, but i’ve a new PC and it’s got vista, so no version 6 :frowning:

keep nero six and get rid of vista

[QUOTE=dsb1829;1969257] Personally I want nero to burn and rip otherwise I want them to stay away from my audio, video, and pictures. [/QUOTE]:iagree: :clap: this started with Nero 6 - why don’t they offer this as options during install? Really annoying. After any Nero install (no longer needed since there aren’t newer updates for Nero 6), I had to repair my direct show filters configuration :a

Roxio isn’t better at all… sigh

Michael

[QUOTE=samlar;1969409]keep nero six and get rid of vista[/QUOTE]

:bigsmile: Keep Vista…Lose Nero! :bow: Roxio Rules!! :bow:

I would get rid of Vista and Nero and Install Linux and K3b you would have the best of both. :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=coathi;1969503]I would get rid of Vista and Nero and Install Linux and K3b you would have the best of both. :)[/QUOTE]

Ouch now that hurt! :bigsmile:

[QUOTE=THE C.;1969499]:bigsmile: Keep Vista…Lose Nero! :bow: Roxio Rules!! :bow:[/QUOTE]:eek:
You can try Nero before you buy.
You must buy Roxio before you can try. This “Rules”? Nope.

Download size for Nero 8 Trial is about 180 MB
Download size for Roxio 10 Update (!) is 600-700 MB :eek: This “Rules”? Nope.

Michael

You can try Nero before you buy.
You must buy Roxio before you can try. This “Rules”? Nope.

Download size for Nero 8 Trial is about 180 MB
Download size for Roxio 10 Update (!) is 600-700 MB :eek: This “Rules”? Nope.

Michael[/QUOTE]

Well if you say so! Size doesn’t mean anything regarding quality of software, I own both 9 and 10! As far as update is for if you already own the product and will not apply for trial downloads! Roxio clearly rules in performance and quality, not the size! High speed he could have it downloaded in 30 to 40 minutes at 3.0Mbps. JMO anyways and I say it rules! Unless you have used Roxio 9 or 10 then I would leave it at that.

I will stick with my trusty Nero 6 and for Roxio to many bad experiences with it from HP causing software compatiblities and problems also large updates don’t make for healthy program updates even on broadband lines. Roxio has caused problems with Anydvd so that is one reason I won’t go with Roxio.

Roxio Has come along way since 7.5 and for your HP what version of Roxio was it? Roxio 9 and 10 is what I said rules! Until you have tried it you should refrain from using old versions as your conculsion. Updates are big only cause of Vista OS, and the many new tools it offers! Good Luck

[QUOTE=THE C.;1969776]Roxio Has come along way since 7.5 and for your HP what version of Roxio was it? Roxio 9 and 10 is what I said rules! Until you have tried it you should refrain from using old versions as your conculsion. Updates are big only cause of Vista OS, and the many new tools it offers! Good Luck[/QUOTE]

So what is your experience with Nero then since your only using Roxio???

[QUOTE=coolcolors;1969782]So what is your experience with Nero then since your only using Roxio???[/QUOTE]

My wife swears buy Nero, she has it on her computer, I have used it off and on since 5.0 we have version all the way to Nero 7.0 is on the computer now and I used it BTW it fails still… to impress me with its so called features! The burn engine is sub par. JMO

original poster said… “Why Buy Nero?”

my answer … “Exactly!” lol

cause Nero is to bloated nowadays… i switched to ImgBurn+Burrrn (both load up fast especially Burrrn and are FREE) for all my data/audio burning needs. cause after Nero 6 it got to bloated and went downhill plus i was tired of messing around with cd keys etc etc… now you just INSTALL and USE and thats that :wink:

as far as the Roxio vs Nero thing… ill take nero anyday over roxio!

Well, i tried Roxio 9 before, but I like Nero 6. And I tried Vista before, but I like WinXP :slight_smile:

Nero 7 and Nero 8 is just too bloated, the same goes with Vista.