Why aren't companies sueing Macrovision?

vbimport

I mean safedisc totally fails to deliver as promised on their site…

http://www.macrovision.com/pdfs/SafeDisc_v315_FAQ_Dec2003.pdf

1. Can a user burn a functional copy of SAFEDISC-protected application using his/her CD-R?
    No. The digital signature would have to be duplicated in order to burn a functional copy of a SAFEDISC-protected disc. This is not possible due to the inherent nature of the signature. In attempting to run a counterfeit disc, the SAFEDISC validation sequence will detect that no signature is present, causing the application to abort and initiate an error message.

Obviously you can burn a functional copy of a safedisc disc, so how can they make this claim? Am I missing something?

Many people can make a SafeDisc game copy, i know. No protection is 100% fool-proof. Also, many people have the ability to re-write the games .exe file, so there is no protection. Maybe Macrovision does not know that you can copy thier latest pile of shít SD3.2, who knows :bigsmile: !!

It’s exactly the same around every protection that can and/or has been beaten.

From SecuROM Website
The advanced SecuROMâ„¢ electronic keycode cannot be duplicated or copied, so the main application of any illegally copied disc will be locked and the program won’t start.

From CD COPS Website
The software which recognizes and either accepts or rejects the CD is itself protected by CD-Cops code security, a system which has been in use since 1984 and is known throughout the world as being virtually unbreakable.

From Tages Website
The information in the “secure area” can be read by any CD/DVD reader, but cannot be copied by any CD/DVD writer, no matter what burner/firmware, medium support (CD-R) and burning software are used.

It is a fact now and FOREVER, it is not just an opinion: we guarantee full immunity with 1:1 copy, since CD-Rs do not have our structural modifications, and a burner cannot do it!

From SafeDisc Website
Can a user burn a functional copy of SAFEDISC-protected application using his/her CD-R?
No. The digital signature would have to be duplicated in order to burn a functional copy of a SAFEDISC-protected disc. This is not possible due to the inherent nature of the signature. In attempting to run a counterfeit disc, the SAFEDISC validation sequence will detect that no signature is present, causing the application to abort and initiate an error message.

From LaserLock Website
LaserLock uses a combination of encryption software and a unique laser marking a “physical signature” on the CD surface made during the special LaserLock glass mastering procedure, in order to make copying virtually impossible.

'Nuff said.

TAGES’ claim in a way is correct, no user can make a 1:1 copy of it.

I wonder what Starforces claim is…

Well there has been reports of making a 1:1 backup with spath/jackass’s Tages Tools, so in a way they are also wrong.