Why are we still using CCD?

Just a thought but ‘Why are we still using CCD’? It can hardly handle the latest forms of copy protection. If we do wish to use it to copy a new game then we usually end up having to use another application like ‘TwinPeaks’. Alcohol and Blindwrite seem to be doing the job for now. I guess though that some of us actually paid for this software so it would be expensive if we had to suddenly go out and buy another application. I would feel robbed though if I paid money for something and then development was dropped for the software I had just purchased or it became out of date too quickly. Thank God companies release trial versions! I’ld be interested to hear other people’s views on this.

SG

I think we shoould remain positive. CCD is now owned by another company and maybe they will upkeep it well. I agree I hope the next revision can handle later safedisc version. Although Securom is anothr stroey, and every program like even Blindwrite takes the extra step in adding twin sectors. I am sure it can be integrated as a 1 click/1 step process, but I think legality issues don’t permit it so. Aside that. no other copy protectioon is that prelavent. Perhaps Starforce3 in Europe but it is unbeaten by any means.

Lets see if Slysoft delivers.:wink:

I can still do SD2.9x with my ASUS. I can backup a disc with SecuROM 4.8x as long as I twinpeak it for a standalone playing disc. Most others require emulation. I use horses for courses.

And in my opinion, ccd is still the best app for duping laserlock and ring protech protected cds.

i still use CloneCD 3.3.4.1 for SD 2.9x with my Plex Premium and it works awesome.

I thought CCD couldnt do SD2.9m how are you able to FP?
Or is it specific to the burner used?

ASUS

i too still use clonecd… yesterday i backed up halo and homeworld 2 both with very different protections and they work.

i use my old lt 40125s and all still works.

It’s good enough for me :bow: :bow:

Originally posted by FutureProof
ASUS

Would it be this one:
http://www.nt-micro.com/ntik/details.asp?item=AS33152RA

Originally posted by xtacydima
Would it be this one

Just get it w/o thinking twice. $38.90 + free shipping is a bargain for this drive. :smiley:

I am debating it, just that my Lite-on can do anything the ASUS can do. Not necessarily with CCD alone, but CCD + Fireburner produces the same exact results. I think my next investemnt would be into a theoretical 3 sheep burner, if one is ever manufactured?

I am debating it, just that my Lite-on can do anything the ASUS can do.

If your Litey can do the lot, why change? :slight_smile:

I am debating it, just that my Lite-on can do anything the ASUS can do. Not necessarily with CCD alone, but CCD + Fireburner produces the same exact results. I think my next investemnt would be into a theoretical 3 sheep burner, if one is ever manufactured?

Can you say when or always and how to set (settings in) Fireburner?

I thought CCD couldnt do SD2.9m how are you able to FP?

Polaroid BurnMAXX48 :smiley:

Shoey :cool:

@ Futureproof

Would this be a recommended burner?

http://www.scorptec.com.au/index.php?prdid=00004999

TIA :slight_smile:

Originally posted by Dayun
[B]

Would this be a recommended burner?

http://www.scorptec.com.au/index.php?prdid=00004999

TIA :slight_smile: [/B]

Yes

My BTC hasn’t failed me yet :).

Of course, I am an Alcoholic. :cool:

Originally posted by philamber
If your Litey can do the lot, why change? :slight_smile:
I agree with philamber’s sentiment but an ASUS burner can read errors in about half the time :stuck_out_tongue:

Originally posted by FutureProof
I agree with philamber’s sentiment but an ASUS burner can read errors in about half the time :stuck_out_tongue:

But in the end, a few minutes more or a few minutes less, the result is ultmately the same. Besides, how often do we make a copy, we only need 1 to play with while one lay in a safe place.

But in the end, a few minutes more or a few minutes less, the result is ultmately the same. Besides, how often do we make a copy, we only need 1 to play with while one lay in a safe place.
One?! How do you think I know how to answer all these questions :bigsmile:

Early days