Who's your favourite fundamentalist?

who’s your favourite fundamentalist ?

Don’t really have one favourite, but since my girl is Russian, I picked Stalin. After all, killing 50 million people makes you a damn big fundamentalist.

I chose stalin, because they’ve stuffed him

Whats a fundamentalist???:confused:

All the above!!!

Ivanhoe…

The TRUTH is a LIE waiting to be told

Who sneaked Sharon in the above list? Surely she can’t be as EVIL as the others.

Ivanhoe…

The TRUTH is a LIE waiting to be told

cum-a-lot likes to provoke. There is no use discussing who should be on the list or who not, this will differ from where you are located, raised etc.

Agreed. But I also think you have your definition of fundamentalist mixed up. I understand that Bin Laden for example is a religious fundamentalist. What sort of fundamentalist is Bush and Stalin for instance?

fun·da·men·tal·ism Pronunciation Key (fnd-mntl-zm)
n.

-A usually religious movement or point of view characterized by a return to fundamental principles, by rigid adherence to those principles, and often by intolerance of other views and opposition to secularism.

-often Fundamentalism An organized, militant Evangelical movement originating in the United States in the late 19th and early 20th century in opposition to Protestant Liberalism and secularism, insisting on the inerrancy of Scripture.

-Adherence to the theology of this movement.

Where do the rest fit in?

Well, Bush believes in the money-religion, Stalin in the I-am-the-best-religion. There’s your answer.

Thats not being fundamentalist. That being stubbornly one sided.

@FlyingDutchman

There’s no point in arguing such matters. They are/were military leaders for sure but who knows who belives in what?

You said you are against spamming yourself many times. Why don’t you spend your time in CD Freaks in more productive discussions?

@everyone who likes to flame and fight

The Living Room is a place for everyone to share. This sort of threads cannot but offend and provoke at least a few people everytime.

The few things I learned from Christianity: tolerance and love for the humanity. (I went to both Protestant and Catholic.)

The few things I learned from Buddhism: self-sacrifice for the greater values and reverence of life for the powerless and the weak (including non-humans.)

The few things I learned from Confucianism: the need to help others without letting them know what you are doing and without being conscious of your own virtue, compassion and generosity to those you met for the first time, enduring friendship. (All South Koreans are by birth Buddhists and Confucianists.)

Being in a multi-cultural and multi-national forum shouldn’t mean differing and conflicting interests and viewpoints. There are always more to learn and respect than to blame and compete for. If you cannot control yourself, go back to the basic and think of life’s meaning again.

Originally posted by FlyingDutchman
Agreed. But I also think you have your definition of fundamentalist mixed up. I understand that Bin Laden for example is a religious fundamentalist. What sort of fundamentalist is Bush and Stalin for instance?

Well in every modern democracy, religion and state are separated. Bush doesn’t get that, he always finishes his speaches with god bless america. That’s like saying look at me: i m a big idiot. Stalin was just a fundamentalist in a non religious way. And Arafat and Bin laden were added by a scared admin.

Originally posted by cum-a-lot
Bush doesn’t get that, he always finishes his speaches with god bless america

just for shits and giggles here, take out any US currency, and find a denomination that doesnt have IN GOD WE TRUST on it.

please, please, please - dont ask anyone to believe that your personal beliefs dont influence you. church and state are separated, but show me the requirement that says bush has to give up his religion to be president.

its not like there is a state-mandated religion :wink:

Originally posted by Ivanhoe
[B]Who sneaked Sharon in the above list? Surely she can’t be as EVIL as the others.

Ivanhoe…

[/B]

I think he means the Israelian president, not some girl named Sharon… :smiley:

Originally posted by Crazy Bob

I think he means the Israelian president, not some girl named Sharon… :smiley:

LOL
ahahah

Actually I do not like anyone of the list. I missed that option ! :frowning: