Who owns the greatest Plextor 708/712/716?

I have this dream for all of us plextor owners, to have a fun competition… :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Preliminary, what I have in mind are as below (comments are welcome)…

The competition is based on these data:

1. How fast your drive can burn a full 4.7GB (4465MB), 20 points
  2. The smallest Total PIE, 20 points
  3. The smallest Total PIF, 20 points
  4. The smallest Max PIE, 20 points
  5. The smallest Max PIF, 20 points
    Total 100 points.

RULES

1. You can use any software to burn. However the software MUST show: 1) your drive, 2) total time and 3) total MB/GB burned. Total data burned must be no less than 4465MB. Click here to see an example of Nero that shows all 3 of them.
  2. To obtain total/max PIE and PIF, you can scan with Plextools in High or Good Accuracy. Higher accuracy will result higher PIE/PIF thus less chance to get higher points.:bigsmile:

Calculation and others:

1. Each data are calculated as follow:
  • 1st place: 20 points,
  • 2nd place: 10 points,
  • 3rd place: 5 points.
  1. Winner(s) will be selected every month, by the end of the month
  2. Your post must be in by the end of the day of each month at 11:59PM US Eastern time
  3. Winner(s) will get CDFreaks Plextor Forum Hall of Fame :bigsmile:. We can start a new thread that post only the winner(s).
  4. There will be 3 (three) winners each month: first, second and third place.

IMPORTANT:
On top of your post, please put a summary including: your name, drive, MID, certified speed @burn speed, total time, total PIE, total PIF, max PIE, max PIF (seperated by comas) in bold, for example:
zevia, 712A, yuden000-t02-00, 8x@12x, 6:14, 21000, 1800, 12, 2
I will then copy paste each summary to a worksheet to determine the winner(s).

Any suggestions, comments, objection??

Could we share this joint, zevia? :stuck_out_tongue:

well, the contest seem’s a bit elitest and disenfanchises those who have bad burners and are therefore burning challanged. shouldnt you include a contest for them as well? you know. …

1. the most consistenly lock up’s when trying to burn a disk 20 points
  2. Slowest burn 20 points
  3. Fastest coaster burned 20 points
  4. most coasters burned in one month 20 points
  5. most posts complaining about their drive.

zevia wrote:

The competition is based on these data:

1. How fast your drive can burn a full 4.7GB (4465MB), 20 points
  2. The smallest Total PIE, 20 points
  3. The smallest Total PIF, 20 points
  4. The smallest Max PIE, 20 points
  5. The smallest Max PIF, 20 points
    Total 100 points.

I WIN, I WIN, I WIN, I WIN WOOOHOOOO IIIIIIIIIIIII WIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNN

iss wrote:

1. the most consistenly lock up’s when trying to burn a disk 20 points
  2. Slowest burn 20 points
  3. Fastest coaster burned 20 points
  4. most coasters burned in one month 20 points
  5. most posts complaining about their drive.

And the winner is: CVS

@surg: as long as you have a plextor dvd burner :iagree:

@iss: this will also encourage people with bad burners to tweak their system, drive setting, and find the best media for their burners to get a max performance… and for guest users to actually sign up (not only vote anonimously) and compete… how about that?

@Hamp: not to fast… I keep my best scans and haven’t share it yet here…

If people think that this will discourage 708 owners… well you might be wrong… you can get no points for data#1 (fastest burn) but you might get points for other data… Same with 716, you might get 20 points for data#1 but not for other data…

zevia wrote:

not to fast… I keep my best scans and haven’t share it yet here

That sounds like you cheating! ! !

1. Winner(s) will be selected every month, by the end of the month

Will you be using the same scan month after month??

@iss

You forgot to mention: 30 Points for damaging ones drive while flashing with wrong firmware! :slight_smile:

Why cheating? I was just :bow: your drive but it doesn’t mean I don’t have something to compete with you :iagree:. Consider this, taken from here:

See… even Jamos keep his scan until the right time comes :bigsmile:. You might do better for data#4 (smallest max PIE) but there are still four more variables to count. :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

It’s all up to this forum. I just want it to be fun (and fair). All the rules will be negotiate before the competition started. However I think its better we start fresh each month.

We can wait a few more days (until this weekend?) until everyone agree with the rules, etc. And perhaps G@M3FR3@K can change the first post after all the rules are finalized (if this competition is a GO).

That sounds like you cheating! ! !

lol, I was just kidding, before I had a chance to write another post and say I was kidding, I had something to do and it took longer then normal

You forgot to mention: 30 Points for damaging ones drive while flashing with wrong firmware!

or 50 points for flashing the wrong drive with the right firmware!!! :iagree:

I was bored so I made a sample table below, using Excel with =rank() command for all the points and Rank columns.
As you can see, the fastest burner (716A) is defeated, only 3rd place. Even the burner with smallest PIE (like who? ;)) lose. The winner is DDDD with 708UF. Very interesting isn’t it??

Btw, we should update the rules.
From the sample table below, there are more than three winners, because of two 3rd place.
Also one person can post as many set of scan he wants.
Does anybody knows that Medium Accuracy is accurate enough? It would save time to scan.

It doesn’t get nerdier than this thread. Alright, it does. Add a rule that only burning Star Trek DVDs is allowed.

packetloss Wrote:

Add a rule that only burning Star Trek DVDs is allowed

Which 1 do you think only should be burnt

1. StarTrek, the first years with Capt. Kirk
  2. StarTrek, Next Generations
  3. StatTrek, DeepSpace 9
  4. StarTrek, Voyager.
  5. StarTrek, Enterprise.

If we do, I am only missing a couple episodes from Voyager

lol

Star Trek Voyager would instantly break the Nerd-O-Meter. Let’s start with good old Kirk is my suggestion.

:iagree: I agree! :slight_smile:

ET

Who owns the greatest Plextor 708/712/716?

… my 712 is 146 x 41,3 x 190 mm … my 708 had same dimensions and a 716 is a little
. . bit shorter … didn’t know that there are different sizes for same recorders :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

… just a joke :stuck_out_tongue:

1. N/A
  2. N/A
  3. Fastest coaster burned 20 points: Traxdata 8x DVD-R, after few seconds :slight_smile:
  4. Most coasters burned in one month 20 points: 30+ in four months :slight_smile:
  5. Most posts complaining about their drive: Probably around 200, with few more comming soon :slight_smile:

:bow: I WON, I WON, I WON, I WON WOOOHOOOO IIIIIIIIIIIII WOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNN!!! :bow:

Sorry for being so excited, but it is always a great thing to win something :wink: :wink: :wink:

I would like to dedicate my victory to Plextor. Without the help of their four ‘very special’ PX712A drives, I could have missed this prestigious victory! Long live the King and PX716A! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

I use it takes 10 min. I do not notice much difference.

I got the real Taiyo Yuden from rima… @Hamp: I AM READY
but it seems that nobody is interested… :smiley:

actually you should have this contest based on the media code! :slight_smile: anyone who gets good results with shitty media really belongs in the hall of fame.