Who Needs a 2 Sheep Burner?!

Game: The Sims Unleashed SD2.80.10
Read: Toshiba SD-M1402 (FES - Hardware & None)
Write: Ricoh MP7163A (Emulate Weak Sectors)

Works in the burner with “Hide CD-R Media”
Works in Hiachi GD-7500 DVD-ROM
Works in ASUS 48x CD-ROM
Works in Toshiba SD-R1202 DVD-ROM with “Hide CD-R Media”
Works in Lite-On LTD-163D DVD-ROM
Works in Lite-On LTR-40123S writer

Does not work in Toshiba SD-M1402 DVD-ROM

Coming to a d/l near you, soon :wink:

Other results:

LTR-24102B read & write - works in:

Toshi 1402
Toshi 1202 (Hide is on)
LTR-40123S (Hide is on)
ASUS CRW-4816A  (Hide is on)
ASUS 48x UDMA CD-ROM

Does not work in:

LTR-24102B (!) (Hide is on) - freezes machine 1-2 times out of 4 & requires a reboot
LTD-163D - tmp error (no reboot, Lite-On 40x worked straight away)

Hitachi GD-7500 DVD-ROM

“Hide…” must be turned on before the tray is loaded!

ASUS CRW-4816A burn of 24102B read does not work anywhere!

ASUS CRW-4816A read & write works in:

ASUS CRW-4816A (Hide is on)
Toshi 1402
Toshi 1202  (Hide is on)
LTD-163D
LTR-40123S (Hide is on)
ASUS 48x UDMA CD-ROM

Does not work in:

LTR-24102B (!) (Hide is on) - stops at splash screen*
Hitachi GD-7500 DVD-ROM (more testing on this one)

Went to write the ASUS 48x image read with the 24102B and CloneCD froze at the bus-scan - had to reboot.

LTR-24102B burn of ASUS CRW-4816A read works everywhere!

*I definately have a problem with my 24102B (I now hate it)

Let me understand better: Ricoh 7063 has no sheep, you want to say that ccd is able to make a working copy? I would be very happy if I was able to obtain with my Plextors a copy which works in the Toshiba dvdrom.:slight_smile: :slight_smile:

@ maximino72
If you look at fp’s log file and note the last sentence of his post, you’ll see that he’s using a pre-release version (4.1.0.2). You’ll have to wait till it’s released officially.

i know it doesn’t have much to do with the clone, but how could you catch the cursor with a screenshot? i’ve never been able to do it…
anyway, what does this new version promise? i have a stupid acer crw 1032a, what will i be able to do?

It looks like Olli did it again, like the most of us thought.:bow:

But how about Securom New?

Have FutureProof done any tests yet.

Olli rules:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

Originally posted by cico85
B…but how could you catch the cursor with a screenshot? i’ve never been able to do it…

(2)…anyway, what does this new version promise?

(3) i have a stupid acer crw 1032a, what will i be able to do? [/B]
(1) It’s an option in HyperSnap-DX

(2) New options ofr burning SD2 - for example: emulation of Weak Sectors for one & no sheep burners (works on my Ricoh MP7163A); better virtual drive - try it because it’s very, very clever.

(3) I hope to test my Acer CRW-1610A tonight using the new options; testing on SD2.5x, 2.6x, 2.7x and 2.8x

you’ll see that he’s using a pre-release version (4.1.0.2).
Aarrggghhh … :frowning:

Why does FP get to have all the fun before us? :rolleyes: :stuck_out_tongue:

Originally posted by The Swede
[B]
But how about Securom New?

Have FutureProof done any tests yet?[/B]

…Next copy protections to be “killed” by Olli is latest SecuROM and that “ProtectCD VOB 5” on (Port Royale) :slight_smile:
…and this is with an app that is compatible with the largest range of opticals, the easiest to use and is less-buggy than most other stuff

When writing SD2.51+patterns 1212 / 14B9, it doesn’t matter at all if the writer has 1 sheep or no sheep.

Well, upon release I’ll check if that works also for patterns that require 3 sheep :wink:

I have seen that our friend Futureproof was using a pre-release version:)

Short question: this emulation of weak sectors, is it like the safedisk emulation options of Daemon Tools?

Yes, I also like to know if the hide CDR media does other things than only hide the ATIP. Because otherwise you can only use your backup at a computer with CloneCD installed! (it would be still a nice feature)

hmmmm guys ur right !

Me too would like to know that becuz otherwize u indeed cant use it when clonecd isnt installed.
And this new feature : ‘you dont need a sheepburner’ is nothing more than what other programs have offered for a very long time, insektors, alcohol, deamontools and so on …

I mean, if it emulates/burns data that is caught by the ‘hide cdr media’ on the spots where it finds weaksectors than it would suck.
it would read the image and where it finds weaksectors it would place data that the ‘hide cdr media’ option listens too and takes care of…
By placing a hook in that data for ex. !

Well, hope its not cuz it would suck… :smiley:

On the other hand, the results shown indicate that copies work on computers where the ‘hide cdr media’ is disabled … but only of course on cdreaders not writers but this is a common fact in SD2 … ATIP ! :smiley: :smiley:
Then I begin to wonder, could it be that CloneCD now detects which version of safedisk 2 is being used, and then figures out through an internal mechanism/database which weaksector pattern corresponds with the SD2 version found and it in turn burns the weaksector patterns accordingly ?!

@futureproof :
First you say this :
Then you say this :
ASUS CRW-4816A burn of 24102B read works everywhere!

:confused: I dont quite follow ?! Which is it ?! :smiley:
Bit confusing ! :smiley:

Greets

You say this release allows no-sheep burners to burn SD2 releases. Is it safe to assume that this will also allow 2 sheep burners such as 24102B to properly burn copies of SD2.8 stuff like FIFA 2003?

If so, does the emulate option still have to be turned on, or has the code been “fixed” to properly burn out SD 2.8 releases with no extra option, just as AWS was not needed for 2 sheep burners on previous SD versions?

Not at all. SD 2.8 doesn’t use any new weak sectors (at least not as to what I know). CloneCD not copying SD 2.80 titles is a bug, not a hardware issue.

Originally posted by GrOuNdHoG
[B]
@futureproof :
First you say this :
Then you say this :
ASUS CRW-4816A burn of 24102B read works everywhere!

:confused: I dont quite follow ?! Which is it ?! :smiley:
Bit confusing ! :smiley:

Greets [/B]
Good point! Cut & pasted then neglected to switcheroonee…fixed now :wink:

Originally posted by GrOuNdHoG
hmmmm guys ur right !

Then I begin to wonder, could it be that CloneCD now detects which version of safedisk 2 is being used, and then figures out through an internal mechanism/database which weaksector pattern corresponds with the SD2 version found and it in turn burns the weaksector patterns accordingly ?!

Greets

Hí guys,

the idea behind that new CCD feature is, that the user can copy every SD version with nearly every burner. If you don’t own a “2 sheep device” you can “emulate” those “weak sectors” now for a copy on CD-R/CD-RW. The only thing you need to get the copy running is CCDs “hide CD-R media” enabled; and, of course, the image will run in the Virtual CloneDrive :D.
[This is a part of the “Clone Attack” ;)]

But, the CCD 4.1.0.2 is still a beta version, we are still testing on various platforms, devices and systems.
There will be a public update soon.

Regards, sven

quote:

…Next copy protections to be “killed” by Olli is latest SecuROM and that “ProtectCD VOB 5” on (Port Royale)

FP, any idea when this might be? I keep reading about all the success people are having with the new BWS & this Securom, but I am a very loyal Clone user & I would prefer to stick with Clone.

Thanks!

Originally posted by Copy Lord
[B]
FP, any idea when this might be? I keep reading about all the success people are having with the new BWS & this Securom, but I am a very loyal Clone user & I would prefer to stick with Clone.

Thanks! [/B]
I can’t concentrate on your posts with that photo threatening to rip its top off…what was the question again?

Originally posted by Sheepfriend

The only thing you need to get the copy running is CCDs “hide CD-R media” enabled; and, of course, the image will run in the Virtual CloneDrive :D.
[This is a part of the “Clone Attack” ;)]

Hi,

Wow :eek: somebody from elby replied to me ! ?!?!?? :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

But ermmm do I get this straight ? I have a philips PCRW804K, a one sheep burner, I can make images but I have to mount these in the virtual clonedrive ?
I dont get it, you burn the image to cd, but need the atip hider to work, that I DO get, but then you say the image (which is on cd) will run from clonedrive ?!
Uhmmm, how do I do that ?!

And , if I get an asus, will the next CCD do SD2.8 with a 2 sheep burner like this one ?!

Greets !

Ow and Copy Lord : Gamejack 2 is said to copy VOB protectCD 5 ?! dunno if its true but read the thread about Gamejack and starforce !
So if you want to copy this one, go with gamejack for the time being ! :smiley:

/me = out !