Who is coming up with the grammer suggestions?

vbimport

I use MS Word as my email editor, and this evening I was composing an email to a friend asking if he would like to play golf soon. One of my sentences was “Are you game?”, which MS Word immediately underlined with a green squiggly line.

When I right-clicked the phrase “Are you game?” in the email editor, the suggestions were:

Is you game?
Are you games?

I’m now a completely afraid of accepting MSWord’s corrective suggestions.

At least it didn’t ask if you were gamey. :slight_smile:

LOL, and welcome to the forum.

Do you trust your own grammar? Are you a native English speaker?

The suggestions MS Word offers can only be a guide to help you avoid really horrible errors usually caused by typos, so generally I wouldn´t pay too much attention.

:stuck_out_tongue:

[QUOTE=steveinlafayette;2597470]I use MS Word as my email editor, and this evening I was composing an email to a friend asking if he would like to play golf soon. One of my sentences was “Are you game?”, which MS Word immediately underlined with a green squiggly line.

When I right-clicked the phrase “Are you game?” in the email editor, the suggestions were:

Is you game?
Are you games?

I’m now a completely afraid of accepting MSWord’s corrective suggestions.[/QUOTE]

Word comes up with stupid suggestions at times which is why sometimes you just need to know the rules.

The grammar checker is noticeably less reliable than the spell checker.

'‘Are you game?’ is perfectly correct BTW.

[B]Wombler[/B]

Welcome to the forum! :slight_smile:

Wombler’s spot on, with the grammar checker being less reliable than the spell checker :iagree:

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2597472]At least it didn’t ask if you were gamey. :)[/QUOTE]

LOOOOOL :bigsmile:

A thread about grammar…who knew Deano would post in here eh? :wink:

Autocorrect is even more fun!

Did you accidentally set your language setting to Hungarian Phrasebook? :smiley:

[I]I will not buy this tobacconists, it is scratched![/I]

Welcome to the MyCE forums!

[QUOTE=DrageMester;2597562]Did you accidentally set your language setting to Hungarian Phrasebook? :smiley:

[I]I will not buy this tobacconists, it is scratched![/I]

Welcome to the MyCE forums![/QUOTE]

Heh heh heh… one of my favourites that one! :bigsmile:

[B]Wombler[/B]

Drage has a Monty Python quote/sketch for every occasion! :smiley:

[QUOTE=Arachne;2597687]Drage has a Monty Python quote/sketch for every occasion! :D[/QUOTE]

Yeah I think I might be half dragon too. :bigsmile:

[B]Wombler[/B]

[QUOTE=Wombler;2597766]Yeah I think I might be half dragon too. :bigsmile:

[B]Wombler[/B][/QUOTE]

God help us all. :eek: :bigsmile:

My my…this thread doesn´t half drag on…and on, and on, and on…

:stuck_out_tongue:

[QUOTE=Arachne;2597944]God help us all. :eek: :bigsmile:[/QUOTE]

Could be worse, I could be half cat as well! :bigsmile::bigsmile:

[B]Wombler[/B]

An aberrant, uncanny union of epic proportions there Wombler! :eek::eek:

A mix of the Arachnicat and Dragon unnaturally speaking! The end is nigh.

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Isn’t it wonderful how we are all helping the original poster understanding his grammar question with our thoughtful and witty posts?! :iagree: :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh, and my hovercraft is full of eels!

Maybe your Word’s grammar check is as defective as its spell check. It’s “grammar” not “grammer”. :disagree:

[QUOTE=steveinlafayette;2597470]I use MS Word as my email editor, and this evening I was composing an email to a friend asking if he would like to play golf soon. One of my sentences was “Are you game?”, which MS Word immediately underlined with a green squiggly line.

Is you game?
Are you games?

I’m now a completely afraid of accepting MSWord’s corrective suggestions.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=DrageMester;2598039]Isn’t it wonderful how we are all helping the original poster understanding his grammar question with our thoughtful and witty posts?! :iagree: :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh, and my hovercraft is full of eels![/QUOTE]

Who da thunk it!

Butt then that’s wot ‘The Society for the Pispronuciation of Worms’ is awl a bout. :bigsmile:

[B]Wombler[/B]

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2598032]An aberrant, uncanny union of epic proportions there Wombler! :eek::eek:

A mix of the Arachnicat and Dragon unnaturally speaking! The end is nigh.

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:[/QUOTE]

Indeed. RUN AWAY!!! :eek:

[QUOTE=DrageMester;2598039]Isn’t it wonderful how we are all helping the original poster understanding his grammar question with our thoughtful and witty posts?! :iagree: :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh, and my hovercraft is full of eels![/QUOTE]

Ah well, keeps it active for further err…helpful replies. :bigsmile:

grammar, thats something to do with wearing clothes I think

[QUOTE=samlar;2598882]grammar, thats something to do with wearing clothes I think[/QUOTE]

No it’s your mother’s mother. :bigsmile:

[B]Wombler[/B]