Who has successfully backed up Warcraft III?

vbimport

Could you please give me some serious help? See my topic in the newbie forums for more information.

i used my Plex 24x and CloneCD 3.3.4.1 to make a backup of Warcraft III, works perfect.
what burner and burning program u using???

Well I used Roxio to burn the CD, I realize that is my mistake… I have no blank CD’s to burn it with CloneCD, which is also a problem.

But my drive is called MATSHITA UJDA330

Here is the information CloneCD gave me-

Manufacturer: MATSHITA
Product: UJDA330
Revision: 1.50
Can read CD-R Discs: Yes
Can read CD-RW Discs: Yes
Can read DVD Discs: No
Can read MultiSession Discs: Yes
Can read Digital Audio Discs: Yes
Digital Audio Data is accurate: Yes
Can write CD-R Discs: Yes
Can write CD-RW Discs: Yes
Compatible with CloneCD RAW-DAO: No
Compatible with CloneCD RAW-SAO: Yes
Compatible with CloneCD RAW-SAO Write Simulation: Yes
Supports Buffer Underrun Protection: No

u might be able to make a copy of Warcraft III, i doubt it though. (not sure on this)
i checked the CloneCD site to see if your burner is supported but it doesn’t list it there.
also noticed that your burner doesn’t “Support Buffer Underrun Protection” if so you might want to get a newer burner.
all you can do is try i guess.
get some blank CD’s and see if it works.

For help on copying Warcraft III, do a search. Try WCIII. There are at least 2,000 posts about copying this particular game.

I had asked this question on backing up Warcraft 3 not too long before, and I’ve successfully make a working backup of it too (note: I’ve tested on my Plexwriter CDRW drive and Asus DVD-ROM drive only so I’m not sure if it’s a 1:1 100% exact copy).

Anyway, WC3 uses “Securom new” protection, you’ll need a drive to be able to read/write subchannel data/audio tracks. I’m not sure but I think this might require the RAW-DAO option (which your drive doesn’t seem to support). (Check the checkboxes labeled “read subchannel data, read subchannel audio”.

Why not try making a backup copy of the game CD to a CDRW disc for testing out (note: you’ll need to disable the ATIP check or Hide CDR-Media option).

I successfully backed up WC3 with Alcohol 120%, (alcohol-soft.com). I’m neutral, and I only have their software on trial, however its pretty bloodly good!

I backed up WCIII with a burner not even listed as a 1 sheep burner with no buffer underrun tech. Its an old Samsung sw-206 that can write top speed of 6x. I did it using the default securom profile with clonecd4 when clone cd first changed the entire interface ot that new look ti has now.

Originally posted by xtacydima
I backed up WCIII with a burner not even listed as a 1 sheep burner with no buffer underrun tech. Its an old Samsung sw-206 that can write top speed of 6x
Great news; but remember , sheep ratings have nothing to do with SecuROM :wink:

so FutureProof, what is sheep for, and what is SecuROM based on?

Originally posted by xtacydima
so FutureProof, what is sheep for, and what is SecuROM based on?
The sheep rating tells you if it can write up to SD 2.5x (one sheep) and from SD 2.51.020 (two sheep) onwards. Some, in the know, venture that SD 2.8x is another landmark for SafeDisc - I agree. The prot is based on writers not being able to reproduce some deliberately placed bad sectors (lots of them). You may read, from a search, that to modulate the bad sectors for writing, they produce a very high Digital Sum value. EFM encoding, which all writers do btw, is designed to keep the DSV close to zero.

SecuROM and SecuROM new are based on sub-channel code. SecuROM blurs from between WCIII and The Thing. Arx Fatalis & Industry Giant II are in here and there’s hells-bells for some and smooth sailing for others.

SecuROM 4.8x (after The Thing but including Rise of the Middle Kingdom v4.77.x) is based on twin sectors, that is, a consecutive sector that should not be there under the coloured book standards. There is often, if not always, a Mode 2 sector (within the Mode 1 track) very near the end which pops up like a SD 2 error. Very good RAW readers will find this track and replace it with a ‘bad’ sector.

i made a good copy of 1:1 Warcraft III

very easy