White Keyboard

vbimport

[ATTACH]301536[/ATTACH]

Exactly backwards, with squishy keys.

[B]Black Horse[/B]

Is this a game without rules, or am I missing something? :cool:

You’ve missed my search for an inexpensive, white, mechanical keyboard in the catbox Drage. I finally gave up and got a black one that I will modify with new keycaps.

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2752357]You’ve missed my search for an inexpensive, white, mechanical keyboard in the catbox.[/QUOTE]

Those words usually don’t match if you’re looking for something specific like this…:wink:
What’s the maximum $ you want to spend on it,Kerry? :slight_smile:

I’ve already ordered a black keyboard to which I’m going to add some keycaps that I already own. It’ll just be the letter and number keys that I switch out, as some of the rest of keycaps won’t fit…especially the space bar. The keycaps I have are light grey, but I may eventually get white ones.

I paid $65 including tax and shipping for the new keyboard. Since I have no snobby disdain for Chinese made Kailh switches, that’s what I’m getting instead of the Cherry switches. I’ve used Cherry, Alps, buckling springs and rubber dome keyboards in the past, so I’ve got a fairly broad background in types of switches.

Also from China :

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rapoo-V500-Gaming-Mechanical-Keyboard-87-Keys-USB-Wired-White-Fully-Programmable-/261646828654?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3ceb5dc46e

Yes, you missed all the dialog in the chatbox too, didn’t you? I ordered that exact one. They sent me a black one in a box that had the white version pictures plastered all over the outside. I gave up on that, and sent it back. (Amazon though, not ebay)

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2752371]Yes, you missed all the dialog in the chatbox too, didn’t you? [/QUOTE]

Yes…:o

And I was 1st checking the higher price range before I saw the 1 you already tried…my choice would be this 1,if I wanted 1 badly:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Leopold-FC660M-Mechanical-keyboard-Cherry-MX-Red-switches-W-White-body-/291226001137

I thought you might enjoy this one Kerry.

//youtu.be/ae_YlhqcQI4

Ok, the original plan fell through, so I moved on to a used Ducky 9008 G2 black keyboard with Cherry Brown switches. It came with the ugliest black on black engraved PBT keycaps imaginable, so I’ve changed those out to white caps for the most part. The new white ones are also thin PBT caps, not the very highest quality, but plenty good for me. Still have to do something different with the four shortcut keys at the top right. At the moment I’m using some function keys from the recycled keyset I got off an old Cherry MY board.

I’ve also made a wristpad for this keyboard. It is made of teak, has a slight angle down from the keyboard, and is finished with lacquer.

nice.

That’s so cool… :iagree:

I like the wrist pad . Something about a custom piece of wood that makes it all look better.
The black case with the white keys looks pretty good too.

Looks very retro ! :bigsmile:

I’ve also made a wristpad for this keyboard. It is made of teak,

A very rugged kind of wood…perhaps necessary for your handling of a keyboard? :bigsmile: :wink:

Be you te foe, and good looking also

Marty

Hope you can keep it clean!

looks great

Looks like it did…