White House warns for risks of pirated software

Originally published at: http://www.myce.com/news/white-house-warns-risks-pirated-software-81996/

The White House has warned for the security risks of illegal software. Tom Bossert, Trump’s advisor for Homeland Security and Counterterrorism argues that pirated software often doesn’t receive updates which makes that users are at a higher risk of being infected with malware.

Did that come the the FSB or Russian ambassador? lol

Here’s a much better reason to not illegally download software: it’s a much bigger pain in the butt than switching to programs that are already $0.00.

Take office software for example: You could go through all the trouble of downloading and cracking MS Office, or you could download something else like Apache OpenOffice or LibreOffice. It’s quicker, easier, 100% legal, and you’ll get lots of updates. You get all this without even needing to to deal with any of Microsoft’s nonsense.

In my experience, this applies to pretty much any program, except major video games. You probably don’t need Photoshop when you have GIMP. You don’t need Nero’s buring software when you have IMGBurn, CDBurnerXP, InfraRecorder, Ashampoo, etc. You don’t need paid AV programs when you have Windows Defender/MS Security Essential, Comodo, ClamAV…

I could go on, but I think you get my point.

As for what the Trump Administration says about computer infection rates (or anything else for that matter), if you believe it, I’ve got prime real estate on Mars to sell you for a new low price of only $1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 American dollars.

Here’s another thing Student and Institutions that get Microsoft products gets the at a Discount as well. So do just dimiss this options for users. I got mine through my work for only 30$ with physical DVD/USB drive so there are options out there to be had to get MS Office it’s if you are willing to look for them. So again one doesn’t have to buy all of Office but can still get it discount if you look.