White bezel

vbimport

I have only found one dvd burner that has a white bezel. However, it’s not the model I’m after.

Are there replacement bezel’s that can be purchased for a DVD burner?

Or is there a quality drive with a white bezel that any one knows about?

Thanks, JOe K.

p.s.

I have never seen a beige computer case

Do you care to share with the rest of the world which model you’re looking at? We’re not mind readers.

[quote=tjcinnamon;2065997]I have only found one dvd burner that has a white bezel. [/quote]Plain white or beige?

Are there replacement bezel’s that can be purchased for a DVD burner?
You might ask the manufacturer of the drive.

Or is there a quality drive with a white bezel that any one knows about?
Retail drives often come with two or even three different front plates (black, beige, silver). I definetly know this from Liteon, LG and Samsung :slight_smile:

I have never seen a beige computer case
Two beige computer cases (stuffed with hardware) are located in my house :bigsmile:

Michael

I am down to only 1 beige case left, I have had 4 total.
For a long time there I thought Beige was the only color they came in.

Have 2 Liteon drives that came with both Black and white bezel’s

bean55

[QUOTE=tjcinnamon;2065997]
p.s.

I have never seen a beige computer case[/QUOTE]

What, never? A few years ago we were overrun with them, any other colour was a novelty :eek:

I too would be interested in knowing whether you mean beige or white for the bezel, and what drive it’s for. :wink:

I’m after a gleaming white bezel

LITE-ON 20X DVD±R DVD Burner included extra White bezel, with 12X DVD-RAM Write Black IDE Model DH-20A3P-08. This guy comes with an extra white (gleaming) bezel. I have had some bad experiences with Liteon Drives. I’m trying to venture out to pioneer, benq, or LG.

The Pioneer DVR-215 is the most enticing.

here is the case I am trying to get it to match.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811129036

Re: the beige case. Never was the wrong term. Back when I was helping a medical company with Y2K there were a bunch of beige cases.

A retail (boxed) LG should come with beige at least. Our H62N did :slight_smile:

NE has the 215D in Beige, but it depends on your supplier, of course.

I use NE. I wish they had a gleaming white one. Perhaps I can try and paint it instead.

Does anyone foresee and problems with painting a bezel?

I can not see where painting it would hurt anything.
That would probably be the way to go to get the color you wanted.

bean55

[quote=tjcinnamon;2067082]I’m after a gleaming white bezel[/quote]Sony perhaps?

I have had some bad experiences with Liteon Drives. I’m trying to venture out to pioneer, benq, or LG.
Then put Benq from your list since Benq drives are recycled Liteons nowadays.

Michael

I thought sony and Liteon were the same thing.

Maybe not?

I have 2 DRU800A sony’s that are great. I’ll look around.

Anyone know of a place where they sell replacement parts? I maybe could fnd a white bezel there.

[quote=tjcinnamon;2067252]I thought sony and Liteon were the same thing. [/quote]They were. At the moment, their drives are based on Samsung (DRU-840), NEC and Liteon (A190 series).

Michael

Well, there’s always this. :stuck_out_tongue: But it’s not sold here in the states. I actually picked up the black one. :bigsmile:

How is that working for you? What was the shipping costs for that? aesthetically it looks cool but does it perform?

It’s working like a 115/D/L should. :slight_smile: Well, I was on vacation last month, so I picked it up before I came back. It’s sold locally and roughly $38 USD, I don’t think there’s any stores that would export it.