Whitch burner should I use?

vbimport

Hi all

Firstly, I have to thank all the cdfreaks community the helping that all you have been giving me, I feel me in doubt whith this forum.

Now, I explain my question:

I’m using at the moment Datasafe Taiyo Yuden discs to write my DVD’s. The doubt is that I’ve got 2 burners, a Benq DD DW1640 and a LG GSA H50N, and I don’t know whitch would be the better for writing the discs.

I’ve make two identical copies from a compilation stored on hard drive, writing one with each of the writers, and pass a Nero CD-DVD Speed using the benq (LG doesn’t seem to be able to make the test since Start button appears unpushable).

[B]Those are the results:

DVD burned with Benq:[/B]

DVD Burned with LG:

As far as I’m concerned (I’m really not far, but close :stuck_out_tongue: ) the Benq have a better result, although Pi errors perharps are higher than desirable on both graphs… and special mention to the strange behavior at the end of the disk written with the LG, where the errors grow hugely.

Am I ok or wrong? What can yoy tell? :slight_smile:

Thank you

Yes the BenQ is better but you should redo the test to eliminate the possibility of pure media variation in the package. I will bet again for the BenQ. The H50 isn’t the best LG burner but may be it will look better with 16x media.

[quote=TassadarAMD;2179372]As far as I’m concerned (I’m really not far, but close :stuck_out_tongue: ) the Benq have a better result, although Pi errors perharps are higher than desirable on both graphs… and special mention to the strange behavior at the end of the disk written with the LG, where the errors grow hugely.[/quote] I agree about the scan of the disc burned by the BenQ being better of the two.

I would also make Read Transfer test using the Benchmark ([I]Prueba comparativa[/I]) tab to compare readability of the two discs. Yo ucan use either or both drives for this test - just make sure you compare Read Tests using the same reading drive.

[quote=BurningFish;2179378]Yes the BenQ is better but you should redo the test to eliminate the possibility of pure media variation in the package.[/quote] Good point. :iagree:

I also go for the BenQ - they are known to produce good results with TY media (as your results has shown) while the LG GSA-H50N isn’t widely known as a top-notch burner.

From PIFs alone, I’d go with the BenQ. I’d hate to waste those TY discs (and I have none! ).

Ok, thanks to all :slight_smile:

I’ll redo the tests writing and testing another two disks as soon as i’ll be able (now I’m gonna sleep, its 1:14 am and I must be working at 9:00 pm).

Hehe, in this scenario, I’ll use the Benq with single layer discs and LG with DL (I’ve some Ritek DL discs, and in the forum i were said that benq was awful with them)

I agree with DrageMester, you should run the Benchmark test to see if the disc can be read without slowdowns.

[B]Off Topic[/B]: Try to save the CD-DVD Speed graphs in *.png format. They look better than using *.jpg and they have smaller size.

[B]PNG[/B]:

[B]JPG[/B]: