Whinge about your day thread!

vbimport

There are so many different people, from so many different cultures on CDFreaks. So many people in different circumstances even within the same culture/country! People in the same location, even the same house, lead completely different lives. Everyones experience, every day, is completely unique!

So I’ve created this thread so that everyone can get an understanding of what everyone else deals with every day!

Whinge about anything you want, or just tell us what’s happening. It can be unusual, annoying, or just plain old trivial.

It could be an idiot at work, burning the building down by getting inventive with a status report, staples & non-protected powerpoint, the neighbours dog barking all night, the couple next door having another 130dB lovers quarrel at 3am in the morning, it could just be how nothing ever seems to get done at the office.

It’s up to you what you tell everyone.

I’ll start with my favourite whinge topic:

Cityrail (Sydney’s, Australia - The Public Train System).

[i]This morning was unusually cold (since it’s getting towards winter) and was blowing a gale, and the wind chill factor was bad (even though the temperature was otherwise quite reasonable) and the station I catch my train is fully exposed to the elements, minus some slight stay from a low fence (bah) made from bent tubing. Cityrail, reacted with it’s usual methods to unpleasant conditions and somehow ensured that my usual train was 8 minutes late. Generally trains come every 5 minutes, but not today. Any train would have done today. They all head vaguely in the right direction!

The train arrived … and was crowded (It’s rarely crowded, that’s why I catch it!) , and I had to stand for the entire 30 minute trip. I grabbed one of the support bars, fingers stinging & knuckles cracking from the cold, for stability … and felt … a squelchy lump.

I looked at my now sticky fingers and then behind the bar … and the lump looked like black chewing gum mixed with the sweat & dirt from passengers [/i]that have caught the train since before Elvis’ childhood.

Ewwwwwwwwwww!

That was the start of my working week.

that sucks dude. don’t get me started though haha

i live with my mom becouse my parents are getting devorced but this is going on for the past 3 years.
both are not signing the devorce papers, my mom for the money and my dad becouse he still loves her.
my dad comes by once in a while for me and my little brother, but alway’s when he is at home there alway’s fighting.
i am doing a ict study (almost annything that go’s around the computer buisnis) but my studies are getting interupt becouse of the home situation, while everybody hates going to work or school i see it as a way out of home.
my goal is becoming a game designer but i fear i wont make it becouse i cant focus correct annymore. thats how my day’s start

The train arrived … and was crowded (It’s rarely crowded, that’s why I catch it!) , and I had to stand for the entire 30 minute trip. I grabbed one of the support bars, fingers stinging & knuckles cracking from the cold, for stability … and felt … a squelchy lump.

Thats GROSS
people are dirty

your still riding the train…is your car not repaired yet?

Lol!
I’m sure I’ve mentioned this before …
I drive for 30 minutes (the most trying rail area) and then park my car & catch a 30min train to get into the city :wink:

Since I started driving 1/2 way … all the sick days due to back aches, headaches, flus & etc have almost totally stopped … oh and the pain too :wink:

so standing on a train attached to used gum …makes you feel better??

falls out of her chair laughing

he’s lying he loves the smell of commuters in the morning

My car is broken (awaiting a new one being delivered) so i’ve been walking to work. It’s only about 1 mile so not that far.
Today i was walking down the pavement and two old men were walking in the opposite direction, i moved onto the grass verge to let them pass and stood in dog pooh. :a

It has been terribly dry here the last couple years. (Global warming)?
Anyway I HATE the wind and dust. :a :a :a
SPECIAL WEATHER STATEMENT
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE ALBUQUERQUE NM
732 PM MDT TUE MAY 9 2006

NMZ003-009-010-015-100300-
LOWER RIO GRANDE VALLEY- MIDDLE RIO GRANDE VALLEY/ALBUQUERQUE METRO AREA-SANDIA/MANZANO MOUNTAINS-UPPER RIO GRANDE VALLEY-
732 PM MDT TUE MAY 9 2006
…STRONG GUSTY WINDS ALONG A COLD FRONT DIVING SOUTH OVER CENTRAL NEW MEXICO…
STRONG WINDS WILL CONTINUE ALONG A FRONTAL BOUNDARY OVER THE RIO
GRANDE VALLEY INCLUDING AREAS BETWEEN ESPANOLA…SANTA FE…
ALBUQUERQUE METRO…AND SOCORRO AND THE SANDIA AND MANZANO
MOUNTAINS. EXPECT STRONG NORTHWEST WINDS REACHING SPEEDS OF 35 TO 40 MPH WITH GUSTS TO 50 TO 60 MPH. BLOWING DUST WILL REDUCE
VISIBILITIES…AT TIMES TO BELOW A HALF MILE. THE WINDS WILL
CONTINUE TO BLOW THROUGH SUNSET BEFORE GRADUALLY DECREASING. THE
STRONGEST WINDS WILL BE ALONG AND JUST BEHIND THE INITIAL
FRONTAL BOUNDARY WHICH CONTINUES TO MOVE SOUTH OVER THE LOWER RIO GRANDE VALLEY AND SOUTHWEST MOUNTAINS. MOTORISTS SHOULD EXERCISE CAUTION WHILE DRIVING BE ALERT TO SUDDEN
GUSTS OF WIND WHICH MAY CAUSE YOU TO LOSE CONTROL OF YOUR VEHICLE. EXTRA ATTENTION SHOULD BE GIVEN TO CROSS WINDS.

I currently drive 1/2 way, 40ish minutes driving, and 30mins connecting train with chewing gum & no backaches.

The alternative is to stay on the train all the way back to home in a seat which has minimal cushioning, twisted like a pretzel due to minimal leg space and no armrests.
Total journey time for a specific train (there is only one express I can catch) is 1hr 45mins (otherwise approx 2hr 15mins, additional from transfers) according to the timetable, 2hrs30mins on a regular bad day ( ++twice a week) & upto 4 hrs on a FUBAR day (once a month).

On a FUBAR day, it takes upto 1.5 hrs to reach 3 stations further than the station I drive to. Then cityrail fucks around for 30mins-1hr until they can organise busses to transport 2000-3000 people. Then the express bus drive s about 3/4 of the way home (30mins) before you have to transfer to another bus. You wait another 30mins for the connecting busses to arrive & then they drive for 30 mins (and stop at every station a cow ever looked at) to my home station.

ohhh… i had the worst day today…
started at 6:00 am getting to work, and finding out i had to sort out everything in my department, by myself… bearing in mind this is my second week… so i had to remove the old out of date stuff and replace it with in date stuff… unfortunately i looked at the wrong paper, and believed it was the 10th, so had to redo all that… going into the stock room to replace the old stock with new stock, and i find there are about 100 cages blocking access to the product… so i help out with something else the manager tells me to do while they move the cages, which they dont do for another hour and a half… then they tell me i have to fill up all the shelves before customers arrive at 8:00. Obviously as the time was 7:45, i didnt have enough time to do this, and the manager give me dirty looks for not doing 2 hours work in 10 mins. So im about halfway through this, and i get called away to check the back room for old stock that has to be sent back, which i have never done and havent been trained to do. So this takes me about 3 hours to do, and about 5 mins to 11, i get told that that is the deadline, which is fine because i believe that i have done it all. Half hour later, I find out that some stuff i believed to be new stock, was actually old stuff, that was meant to meant to be sent back… i get told i just lost the company £400… just before my lunch break… needless to say that was pretty awful, as i was worrying about getting fired, for something that i didnt know that i was meant to do… luckily about 10 mins before i left i was told that the supplier was rang up, and they could take back the new stock, so i didnt cost the company £400… so on my way out i decide to buy a lightbulb. i take one out and they all fall onto the floor… luckily none of them broke… and i have to repeat it all tomorrow :sad:

I’ll have a small whinge, if I may :bigsmile:

It’s starting to get hot, and I hate hot weather…I’m gonna be very miserable once the Summer sets in properly :sad:

I really don’t see the attraction in hot weather…and you can bet your bum that by the time I go to buy a fan, they’ll be sold out :frowning:

Oh, oh, oh…forgot one major sucky thing about the Spring/Summer…bloody hay-fever. Having a cat this time of the year doesn’t help either. Itchy eyes suck.

So all in all, from hereon in, it’ll be a miracle if I’m in a good mood for two days running!

you hate hot weather?? YOU DAMN BRIT!! :wink: lol, i LOVE hot weather and hate british weather most of the time as most of the time its fricking raining or overcast. Oh and I dont really get hay-fever either :bigsmile:

I hope it stays this hot till at least 3 months from now.

My turn to whinge, I’ve got a bit of a thick head atm, the kind when you bend over your head pounds, but otherwise its ok. My backup of shrek 2 didnt work properly so theres 1 DL blank down the drain.

ROFLMAO that is classic :bow: why not ride a bicycle to work instead of the car?

Missed this til Greg quoted it…ain’t that always the way, Sod’s Law! Isn’t treading in dog pooh meant to be good luck, though?

:wink:

@Greg - take two Ibuprofen, and sit down quietly in a dimly-lit room :wink:

And yep, I’m a lover of British weather…I love the rain, and colder weather. :iagree:

There is no good luck in stepping on a land mine. :bigsmile:

I want to whine about my Philips alarm clock, which has 6 (!) AA-batteries in it and it still resets when the power goes out. Great thinking Philips. Let’s do a alarm clock with batteries, not because they will work as a backup and thereby still waking your customer up so he can go about his business, noooo lets make a alarm clock which runs on EITHER the mains OR the battery. If they for some reason decides to go outside and sleep in the mud. Or something. I will so buy your alarm clocks again.

my alarm is the same way… but worse… the battery is there as a backup… but only because once it looses power, it looses memory of the time and alarm. even worse is that the battery is being constantly used, so about a week later is flat

rotflmao!! 6?!? hilarious