While trying to copy movie, DVDFab Decrypter encodes different movie

My friend has noticed on 3 occasions that when he goes to burn a movie, a different movie that he burned previously begins to be encoded instead. He has tried to burn “The Little Mermaid” and “Ratatouille” and most recently “On Deadly Ground” and each time when the program reaches the encoding process, the preview window shows scenes from the movie “Hard To Kill”. Strange thing is, he doesn’t have that movie on his hard drive anymore. And in the window where the movie name should appear, it reads “Hard To Kill”. All of these burns failed, and he’s noticed that when he removes the DVD-R from the burner, it has a dark ring varying from 1/4 - 1/2" in width around the entire outside edge of the disc. He mainly uses Nero Recode and DVD Shrink, but these programs wouldn’t work with the above mentioned movies, so he used DVDFabDecrypter(not Platinum Version). He also notices that sometimes when he powers up his burner(it’s external) it makes a vibrating sound about 5-6 times. He has been using this burner for about 6 months now(bought brand new). Here are the specs for his system:

XP Home
Ver. 2002
Service Pack 2
Dell Dimension DIMC521
AMD Sempron TM Processor 3400+
1.8 GHz
448 MB RAM
DVD ROM: CDRWDVD TS-H493A
Burner:HL-DT-ST-DVD-RAM GSA-H54N(ID:OHA:2)
The front of the actual burner reads LG, but the box it came in was labelled Comstar.

I appreciate any help you can offer:)

I don’t have an answer but I wanted to add…

I was using AnyDVD and CloneDVD and had similar problems. I also used Quickpar and Winrar in these situations. I would reencode a movie and while watching it, parts from another movie would pop up. Almost like it was taking Chapter 2 from one movie and replacing it with Chapter 2 from another. I never could figure out why.

It was always a movie I HAD reencoded before so I believed it was some temp location being used. I never did fix it/find it and finally reinstalled XP due to a poor experience with Vista!!!

It has not reoccurred since.

I have Registry Mechanic which gets rid of all those leftover references (if I elect to). I don’t know if that helps but if it isn’t there, it can’t be recorded.

[QUOTE=cardshark78;1944403]My friend has noticed on 3 occasions that when he goes to burn a movie, a different movie that he burned previously begins to be encoded instead… so he used DVDFabDecrypter(not Platinum Version). He also notices that sometimes when he powers up his burner(it’s external) it makes a vibrating sound about 5-6 times.[/QUOTE]

what program is he using to burn? are you/he sure he is not selecting the wrong source? i mean ive never heard of this, not to insult here.:slight_smile: when backing up movies and problems occur there can be several left over partial rips in different places and sometimes it can be easy to forget whats going on. lets do a search for "*.iso’ files and ‘video_ts’ folders. these are the most likely formats of previous backups. if he finds some files he no longer wants be sure to delete them, if he wants them move to a folder where they can not get mixed up.

let us know updates

troy

He usually uses Nero Recode. I did initially suspect that my friend was accidentily accessing the wrong file prior to encoding. However,I found out yesterday he called Futureshop about the problems with his burner and they asked him to bring it in. They told him there might be something wrong with the gears, resulting in the audible vibrations. Anyways, they replaced it with a Pioneer DVD-RW VR-111D. He said he’d call me if he had any problems; haven’t heard from him yet :slight_smile: I’ll keep you posted if the problem persists.

I appreciate everyones help :smiley:

Bob