Which writer should I buy

vbimport

Which cd writer should I buy at this moment which is capable to burn EFM (safedisc 3.x) images?

Most threads are three years old and these writers or not sold anymore.

[QUOTE=chef;2559301]http://club.myce.com/f80/safedisc-2-3-so-83816/[/QUOTE]

But whats in there for me?
That thread is almost 7 years old…

All the writers mentioned in that thread are not sold anymore…

( at this moment I have a NEC 3520 A and use Philips CDR to burn the image, not successful :frowning: )

@myce2011
All i can say is that LGs with Renesas chipset were mostly good in that field.
Whether the backup works or not also depends on the drive the backup is used in.

In general, please note that since SD 2.9 very few drives were capable of burning working backups without
enhancement or emulation of weak sectors.

Is it essential for you to have physical backups that don’t depend on any kind of emulation ?

[QUOTE=myce2011;2559323][B]But whats in there for me?[/B]
That thread is almost 7 years old…

[/QUOTE]

Knowledge!

thats true :p, but I’m asking which writer should I buy (the ones mentioned in that thread are not sold anymore…)

Never thought i’d ever burn a Safedisc CD image again, but especially for you :flower:
i’ve tested Doom 3 (SD 3.2) with my LG GH20LS15:
Reading with Alcohol 120%, max. Speed, Safedisc Profile
Burning with Alcohol 120%, 4x Speed, Safedisc & Safedisc 2/3/4 (EFM* Writer) Profiles

Both backups work, even the one burned with the Safedisc profile (without enhancement of weak sectors).
But they both only start in my LGs; not working in my BenQ & Optiarc.

Also please note that Safedisc checks the ATIP of the CD, which means you need to hide that with Alcohol’s or DAEMON Tools’ emulation options active if you start the backup in a burner (read-only drives don’t read the ATIP).

Just to avoid any misunderstanding: Working Safedisc DVDs backups are always reliant on emulation.
Talking of that, again the question: Is it essential for you to have physical backups that don’t depend on any kind of emulation ?
If not, using Alcohol 120% or DAEMON Tools Pro you can burn working emulated RMPS copies with any burner (needs Alcohol or DAEMON Tools installed with emulation active in background).

…or you can simply mount your image in a virtual drive :wink:

P.S.: depending on where you’re living you can sometimes still get the LG GH20LS15 or GH20NS15 (same drive without Lightscribe) at ebay