Which Video Converter is Better?

vbimport

I use a mid 2012 Mac Pro; run OS X 10.9 Mavericks. Which of the following video converters is better and why?

1. “Video Mate” by Yuri Wang Version 5.2.11,
  2. “Video Converter Ultimate for Mac” (Wondershare):confused:

I cannot answer your question since I don’t use Macs and haven’t worked with either of those apps. However, the following programs have Windows analogs, and I can recommend them without reservation. Both are free to download and use.

[B]MakeMKV[/B] [B]to decrypt[/B]. This program is free while in beta, and has been in beta for years. It will decrypt and rip the movie to the hard drive without compression or converting the original video codecs. If working with dvds, it will rip only the main movie and will give you an mkv file as output. With blu ray you can rip the main movie only as an mkv, or you can get the entire disc onto the hard drive in Backup mode.

You need to update the beta key periodically: http://www.makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1053

[B]Handbrake[/B] [B]to convert/compress[/B] (the Handbrake site hasn’t been updated to include 10.9 as an approved operating system, but all reports show it works)

With unsigned apps in Maverick you get a warning: [I] can’t be opened because it is from an unidentified developer[/I]. To get around this, right click on the program, then hit open. You should only have to do this once.

Thank you very much, Kerry56, for your prompt reply to my question!! :slight_smile: