Which video card?!?

I am throwing a “dog” system together for my son to lan with friends to play counter strike. I will use an AMD 400 mhz K6-2 CPU & a soyo SY-5EMA+ motherboard. What is the best/fastest video card that I can install that this CPU can support? I went to several sites for info with no luck on specs or minimum requirements. Thanks for any & all help

As this is a rather old system, I wouldn’t spend too much money on a video card. I see your mainboard is equipped with an AGP slot, so you can use AGP (only 1x btw).

My advice: see if you can get any older 3D card, like a 3DFX Voodoo 3000, NVidia TNT1/2 (M64/pro/ultra), Geforce 1 (pro/DDR) etc etc… There must be enough of these cards available for very low prices (shouldn’t cost more than $25, second handed of course).

What games do you want to play on this system anyway? Modern games won’t play on it, I think you have to back several years…

Thanks for the quick reply!!! I do know that this is a dog system. The only thing not new though is the CPU. The mainboard is new from soyo for $28 total shipped to my home. It is just to handle a LAN/internet for counterstrike. Heck, 1 pc has a 266Mhz PII with a 4Mb STB Velocity card & you should see my son tear people apart on that over the internet. HaHaHa. Anyways… we will put some older games on there also from several years back. (Hey, they are still fun)

? 4 U… Does anyone know of a site where I can check on the specs/requirements for the older videos cards? The manufacturers sites only spec their latest & greatest boards.

I am throwing a “dog” system together for my son to lan with friends to play counter strike. I will use an AMD 400 mhz K6-2 CPU & a soyo SY-5EMA+ motherboard. What is the best/fastest video card that I can install that this CPU can support? I went to several sites for info with no luck on specs or minimum requirements. Thanks for any & all help

I Like Nvidia Cards, cause i can use any cheat on CStrike:bigsmile: , if u like cheat u will have problem wiht ATI

Originally posted by MATA7
I Like Nvidia Cards, cause i can use any cheat on CStrike:bigsmile: , if u like cheat u will have problem wiht ATI

:Z :Z :Z :Z

You say that this is a dog system but that’s all you need to play counterstrike.Remember it’s a game from a couple years back.