Which version for XP SP3..?

vbimport

I am aware that there is still an on-going problem with QT versions and XP.

Which QT version seems to work best with XP S3 for now…:doh::doh:
Thnx…

[QUOTE=rago88;2595485]I am aware that there is still an on-going problem with QT versions and XP.

Which QT version seems to work best with XP S3 for now…:doh::doh:
Thnx…[/QUOTE]

AFAIK the main issue with the QT version and XP was due to out dated graphic cards drivers e.g… mostly older graphic cards that is no longer updated.

This issue was corrected in v8105…
[B]“Fix: A crash problem at startup on Windows XP when the graphics card driver is outdated.”[/B]

Since the QT version install in it’s own folder I highly recommend you keep v8085 on your system.

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2595496]AFAIK the main issue with the QT version and XP was due to out dated graphic cards drivers e.g… mostly older graphic cards that is no longer updated.

This issue was corrected in v8105…
[B]“Fix: A crash problem at startup on Windows XP when the graphics card driver is outdated.”[/B]

Since the QT version install in it’s own folder I highly recommend you keep v8085 on your system.[/QUOTE]

The install on my XP 3 machine was sucessfull…
haven’t tried yet to rip anything so far…

[QUOTE=rago88;2595840][B]The install on my XP 3 machine was sucessfull…[/B]haven’t tried yet to rip anything so far…[/QUOTE]

That sounds like your off to a good start :bigsmile:

The 8QT versions work great now with that fix on my old XP SP3 machine

[B]Spoke too soon…

the QT version installed sucessfully on my XP3 machine.
when I click on the desktop shortcut, you can see the loading of the program but after that, the screen is blank,
the Interface is not there…

re-installed 8105 and still same problem…
no working screen comes up.[/B]

[QUOTE=rago88;2598865][B]Spoke too soon…

the QT version installed sucessfully on my XP3 machine.
when I click on the desktop shortcut, you can see the loading of the program but after that, the screen is blank,
the Interface is not there…

re-installed 8105 and still same problem…
no working screen comes up.[/B][/QUOTE] read this thread post #33 as you will need fabplay in order for it to work with older graphic cards

http://club.myce.com/f116/dvdfab-8-1-0-0-qt-out-june-16-2011-a-322099/index2.html#post2593254 just unzip it and the click on it, you don’t have to uninstall the QT version, I am running 8.1.0.5QT and had to have the fabplay installed

Good advice there Jim. :cool:

I’ve updated that link to point directly to post #33 for you.

[B]Wombler[/B]

Thanks Stephen :slight_smile: guess I should have done that too :slight_smile:

thanks guys…
12:00pm here in Pa.
. home for lunch and will give it a shot tonite.

thanks guys…

I unzipped the registry file and the Interface screen is there…

[QUOTE=rago88;2598995]thanks guys…

I unzipped the registry file and the Interface screen is there…[/QUOTE] :clap::clap::clap: Glad that you are up and running now my friend
:flower: