Which the best set up for cd writing?

vbimport

hi,
at this point…
i have a dubt. Wich is the best hardweare setting the guarantee the the most reliable (as data integrity)cd writing?

my actually setting is:

maxtor dx740 (ata133) on ide0 as master
lg cdrom 52x (piomode, 16mb/s) as slave on ide0
quantum fireball ict10 (ata66) on ide1 as master
liteon 52x cdrw (ata33)on ide1 as slave

on a asus tuls2-c

is this configuration good or has it any fault( wich and why?)?

the most reliable (as data integrity)cd writing?

As far as “data integrity” goes, it makes no difference. There are many threads here on IDE configuration, suggest you try a search.

Originally posted by rdgrimes

As far as “data integrity” goes, it makes no difference. There are many threads here on IDE configuration, suggest you try a search.

ok thanks …sorry for the redundance (i’ll pay more attention)

i’ve looked at some posts you have answered too. So now i’m sure about what i 've ever thought. Thanks.
About data integrity… I told this because i can’t get exact data burned with nero…the burn process goes to the end without errors but the verification often fails while burning the same file too. I’ve noticed that is is more frequent with large files(500-700mb)Sometimes it writes succesfully. i’ve tryied to update aspi drivers, disableing devices, test another cd writer, inactivated udma , update ide and chipset drivers…and so on but nothing changed. …I use win2k very clean , with nero and feurio only, and win Me. Nobody seems to know what can be the problem… I 've seen others having the same problem but without solution too. Have you any idea?

Are the files actually corrupted or do they just fail verification?
Bad IDE cables have been known to cause similar issues, bad IDE controllers/drivers too. you can use one of the file-checking utilities to see if the data is really bad.

Are the files actually corrupted or do they just fail verification?
Bad IDE cables have been known to cause similar issues, bad IDE controllers/drivers too. you can use one of the file-checking utilities to see if the data is really bad.

done yet. I always verify the corrupted files with windows fc.exe and cdCheck. They 're really corrupted. Sometimes they work though but have different bits. About the ide cable… i just tested another one for the cd writer…nothing. Should i test another ide 80 pin cable for the HD on ide0? (…but it’s new…)For the controllers…it seems to be strange…isn’t it? drivers…i’ve update them. The chipset is an intel 815EP B0 step with a Intel 82801BA I/O Controller Hub 2 (ICH2)…should be a good chipset(Ultra ATA/100 Support : The Intel 815EP chipset platform incorporates an IDE controller with two sets of interface signals
(primary and secondary) that can be independently enabled, tri-stated or driven low. The
component supports Ultra ATA/100, Ultra ATA/66, Ultra ATA/33, and multiword PIO modes for
transfers up to 100 MB/sec. )…
I don’t know if this matters but i 've inactivated the LG CD-Rom (a crap cdrom in my opinion…) on the ide0 from the device manager and actually i burned 16 cd correctly(always same files that gave verification failed before…)

I would do some searches on “data corruption” at the forums for your motherboard, these issues are usually driver related. The corruption may be occurring before the data reaches your burner. So update your IDE drivers. I assume you’re not using a 3rd party RAID or controller, since you have the HD’s on different channels. If the CDR’s test clean for C1/C2 errors, that’s almost certainly the case. So , new cables, swap the CD’s to the secondary channel and see how it goes.

I would do some searches on “data corruption” at the forums for your motherboard, these issues are usually driver related. The corruption may be occurring before the data reaches your burner. So update your IDE drivers. I assume you’re not using a 3rd party RAID or controller, since you have the HD’s on different channels. If the CDR’s test clean for C1/C2 errors, that’s almost certainly the case. So , new cables, swap the CD’s to the secondary channel and see how it goes.

you’re right! i’m not using any raid controller and there aren’t any c1 or c2 errors. I’ll test new cables and the cdrom swapping to the secondary cahannel as you tell, then i’ll refer you the result!
Thank you very much for the help you’re giving to me