Which Taiyo Yuden is better to use an inkjet printer, Silver or white?

Hi, I’m thinking to buy some Taiyo Yuden as it seems to be the best media and I would like to print them with a inkjet printer.
I want to know if someone has printed them (Silver and white) and how were the results, were they durable? Which one do you recommend?

• Moved from [I]Media Testing/Identifying Software[/I] forum to [I]CD & DVD Printing and Labeling[/I] forum * *

Welcome to CDFreaks! :slight_smile:

Silver and white are very different, not really comparable. There is no white on silver discs, so everything comes out looking different. In very general terms, silver is best for plain text and graphics, where white is best for photos. There are exceptions. Silver also has a slight 3-D effect that can be nice for certain things. It’s best to get some of each and try them out.

I personally love the way graphics look on Silver, such as Animated 3-D stuff.

Although the Silver TY I have are not Full face :frowning:

But like CDan said you really need to have both on hand.

[QUOTE=MegaDETH;2135041]I personally love the way graphics look on Silver, such as Animated 3-D stuff.

Although the Silver TY I have are not Full face :frowning:

But like CDan said you really need to have both on hand.[/QUOTE]

Rima has hub-printable silver CDRs. IF they are like the DVD-Rs that I got a while back it is a slightly better surface - brighter - than the regular silvers.

Thanks a lot for your answers, it was more or less what I have already thought :wink:
It will be great to use silver for small graphics and white for whole disc prints. The only problem is that buy Taiyo Yuden in my country is almost impossible (well, there are places where you can even find Taiyo yuden white pearl¿? :wink:
Anyway here TY are very expensive and the most of them ara fakes :frowning:

PD: Thanks to DrageMester for move the topic and don’t shout me :smiley: I will be more careful next time