Which software should I use LG GSA-4163B

vbimport

Which software should I use with LG GSA-4163B ???

I was given a LD GSA-4163B and a Compaq EVO D300 with Pentium 4 @ 1.6GHz running Windows 2000Pro.

As usual these came with no software.

I hooked up the drive and it looks like Win2000p installed it.

And the big newbie question is what software should I install next???

Thanks in advance for all help.
Ron

Depends what you really want to do & if you want to spend money.

Nero is a decent all round product that’ll do most things for you. But as I’ve said it depends what you want to do.

Congrats on a great drive :wink:

As Tim says, depends on what you want to do. Let us know and we’ll try to recommend good software for your needs.

The hardcore CD Freaks only need [B]ImgBurn[/B] and [B]Nero CD-DVD Speed[/B], both are free. :wink:

Hehe Evilboy :bigsmile:

Mind you, we don’t know if the OP is planning to backup his movies, burn audio, plain data backup. Lots of software, both free and paid, available to do those tasks :slight_smile:

Thanks as you can tell I know absolutely nothing about this.

Am I correct that as it stands now I can’t burn a CD without software?

My first goal is to copy the proper installation drivers for this EVO computer so that I can install a new larger hard drive.

For now I just need the smallest, easiest to use software that will let me copy installation drivers to CD.

The last thing I want to do is put something on the current Hard Drive that will prevent it from booting.

Guess this post belongs in the new newbie section.
Thanks for all the support.
Ron

If you’re using XP, you can use Windows’ built-in (CD-R/RW) burning engine, but I would hesitate to fully recommend it.

Some free software for you to play with:

CDBurnerXP Pro
DeepBurner Free

imgburn is fantastic … it’s great for just backing up stuff :wink:
It’s small, it’s free, and it just needs windows, without installing any device drivers/etc :stuck_out_tongue:

Ehhh, true, I forgot about the “Build” mode :o :wink: