Which software offers unattended DVD ripping?

Hi… First time poster

I am using Windows Home Server for all of my media storage. It works really well, but there is no mouse, monitor or keyboard.

I have CD ripping automated through Windows Media Player so that anytime a CD is inserted, it rips it to the specified folder and spits it back out. Simple and it works perfectly.

Obviously MS didn’t include DVD backups as part of the plan. I own and use AnyDVD and have Shrink and Decrypter. But none of them offer unattended backup. Decrypter comes close by opening and loading the disc when you insert it, but you still have to click or hit enter to start and it doesn’t eject at the end.

I know there are alot of choices, particularly if I have AnyDVD running in the background.

Do any of you know which, if any, of the other packages (Nero, DVD Fab, etc…) can be configured so that I can insert a disc and it just rips it and spits it out without intervention from the user?

Thanks in advance…

Dan

Decrypter comes close by opening and loading the disc when you insert it, but you still have to click or hit enter to start and it doesn’t eject at the end.

Thanks, I missed that. Although without the ability to auto-start, it doesn’t do me any good. I am working in a monitorless, keyboardless, and mouseless environment, so it has to be completely hands off.

But thanks again for pointing that out. I don’t know how I missed that.

Glad to help.

Download TweakUI someowhere from Microsoft and select My Computer > Autoplay > Handlers. Create a new one for DVD and make it run a batch that calls up DVDD and rips the DVD to your harddisk as ISO or whatever. Check DVDD’s readme for command-lne parameters.

A bit clumsy but it should work.