Which SATA Burner to buy?

vbimport

Hi,

I wanted to buy a brand new SATA writer for my Intel965 based motherboard, and I am just wondering which one to go for. I am mainly interested in Samsung and Liteon, but I think the Samsungs do not support scanning, right? On the other hand, I have heard of quality probs some users had with Liteon lately, is that right?

The most interesting drive at the moment seems to be the SH-LH-20A1S, but I cannot get it anywhere, does anybody know when this drive arrives in germany, and if it’s worth waiting for it?

Any other suggestions on good drives appreciated.

cu,

Jackie

Hi,

No. They (at least 163 and 183 series) work with Kprobe and (after some registry modifications) with CD/DVD Speed for DVD media. Scanning of CD media does not work at all. The reliability of the scanning results seems to be varying.

Michael

Hi,

thank mciahel for that info, I have found KProbe to work with the 183, but Nero CD Speed refuses to do so - is there a way to modify CDSpeed 4.7 or a newer version to support scanning with this device?

Thanks alot.

cu,

Jackie

Start > Run > type [B]Regedit[/B] > HKEY LOCAL MACHINE > Software > Ahead > Nero Toolkit > CD Speed > CD Quality, then look for [B]Blocked[/B] and take out all of the drive brands if you want to. I left Plextor just because i don’t have one. By the way scan with your Samsung at 8X with both Nero CD/DVD Speed and Kprobe although with my Lite-On 20A1P the scans are not very close to it with my Samsung S183L. I trust the 20A1P over Samsung scans.