Which SATA BD burners work with VIA VT8237?

vbimport

Are there any Blu-Ray burners that work with SATA for the VIA VT8237 chipset?

Please mention specific name and model numbers. Thanks. This is driving me crazy!

Save yourself and get a PCI card. The VIA is a waste of time for optical drives. Mine won’t even boot with one attached.

i already have a pci sata card.

1. it full already.

2. it doesn’t work with my old sata dvd-rw drive anyway, so it probably won’t work with a bd-r drive.

therefore i am asking what drives specifically work with the via chipset i listed.

is it none? or is there one?

It might work when you set your SATA controller to IDE (in BIOS).

At least I know Plextor PX-755SA is compatible with VT8237A on BIOS 0302 http://www.plextor.com/English/support/PX-755SA%20motherboard%20compatability%20listing.htm. Anyway, the compatibility also depends on the BIOS of the mobo and firmware of the drive.

What CDan mean is get a PCI card that is compatible for ODD, such as with chipset Silicon Image 3114 and few others. I am using this SYBA SD-SATA-4P and it works great for ODD, but for HDD it is limited to 1.5gbps.

If you have that card, then you can use any sata BD burners.

Hi,[quote=fairuza;2152976]
therefore i am asking what drives specifically work with the via chipset i listed.

is it none? or is there one?[/quote]ODD support of older revisions Via southbridges is extremely poor. The drive might work in basic operation, but will lack advanced features. Also failed firmware updates are reported.

I second the recommendation of using a Sata PCI controller with Silicon Image chipset and Base Bios (non-Raid) applied.

Michael