Which Samsung Burner works best with Verbatim 2.4x/4x 8.5GB dual layer media?

vbimport

Which Samsung Burner works best with Verbatim 2.4x/4x 8.5GB dual layer media? I also use Verbatim 16x DVD-R SL media. Which Samsung burner will produce the best quality burns for archival purposes?

If you can still find a new one anywhere then the SH-S203B does a great job but
finding a new one is like finding hens teeth nowadays. :bigsmile: The next best Samsung
burner that is easy to find is the new SH-S243N people swear by it for excellent
burns but I can’t say for sure as I’ve not used one of them yet. I still have 3 of the
SH-S203B’s and 1 Sony Optiarc AD-7240S in my main system and 1 SH-S203B in my
secondary system. The Sony Optiarc AD-7240S does a pretty good job but I still prefer
my Samsung burners for DL media. :iagree:

[QUOTE=getit29;2505476]If you can still find a new one anywhere then the SH-S203B does a great job but
finding a new one is like finding hens teeth nowadays. :bigsmile: The next best Samsung
burner that is easy to find is the new SH-S243N people swear by it for excellent
burns but I can’t say for sure as I’ve not used one of them yet. I still have 3 of the
SH-S203B’s and 1 Sony Optiarc AD-7240S in my main system and 1 SH-S203B in my
secondary system. The Sony Optiarc AD-7240S does a pretty good job but I still prefer
my Samsung burners for DL media. :iagree:[/QUOTE]

Actually, I do have an SH-S203B, but it’s installed in one of my other computers. I need a new one for another one of my computer. Are current generation of computers inferior to previous generation of burners for DL media?

Not necessarily. It should not make a big difference.
In fact older models (not the 20x generation, but say models that only write 16x on SL media) usually will turn everything except Verbatim media to coasters.

[QUOTE=kg_evilboy;2505580]Not necessarily. It should not make a big difference.
In fact older models (not the 20x generation, but say models that only write 16x on SL media) usually will turn everything except Verbatim media to coasters.[/QUOTE]

Any suggestions on a current DVD burner that is comparable to the SH-S203B?