Which Recording Software To Use With PX-708A?

Hi There:

I just bought a Plextor PX-708A drive and I’m wanting to buy a DVD/CD Writing Software Package that will be A) compatible with the drive B) compatible with all the different media formats CD-R, CD-RW, DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD+R, DVD+RW. And C) allow me to make DVD movie disks by adding a VIDEO_TS Folder and Burning.

Do any of you have any suggestions??

Thanks In Advance
Marcus

Whatever you do…don’t install the package that came with the drive…Easy CD Creator 6 corrputed a bunch of disks and wouldn’t even run after a week…seemingly files important to the running of the program began to corrupt.

With that said…I still use Nero 5.5.10.42. I burn movie DVD’s with the Wizard…and copy all the files to the VIDEO_TS folder…has worked for me for almost a year…considering I started with the Sony DRU-500a and now the Plextor. Nero Burning ROM 5.5 or not 6 will do everything you want…it’s simple as that. Plus…even with the bugs that the new Nero 6 has…they are minimal in comparison to Roxio. Download the demo of Nero 6 and play with it for 30 days…I guarantee you’ll purchase it.

Bob

Originally posted by bobmitch
[B]Whatever you do…don’t install the package that came with the drive…Easy CD Creator 6 corrputed a bunch of disks and wouldn’t even run after a week…seemingly files important to the running of the program began to corrupt.

With that said…I still use Nero 5.5.10.42. I burn movie DVD’s with the Wizard…and copy all the files to the VIDEO_TS folder…has worked for me for almost a year…considering I started with the Sony DRU-500a and now the Plextor. Nero Burning ROM 5.5 or not 6 will do everything you want…it’s simple as that. Plus…even with the bugs that the new Nero 6 has…they are minimal in comparison to Roxio. Download the demo of Nero 6 and play with it for 30 days…I guarantee you’ll purchase it.

Bob [/B]

thats right but make sure you use nero 6.0.0.11 and not 6.0.0.15

copytodvd is nice to do that

also…burnatonce…which is freeware

I use Nero v6.0.0.11 with my Plextor PX-708A and it does everything I want it to do. I also sometimes use PlexTools when I want to burn a data or audio CD (since it’s easy to enable or disable a setting for your Plextor drive when you need to).